News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dipthonizer, Tenebrae & Polka Drive

Started by juansolo, April 06, 2013, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rip57

That Polka Drive is nice and tight, love the way the wire holds its shape. Solid core?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: Rip57 on April 07, 2013, 05:51:41 PM
That Polka Drive is nice and tight, love the way the wire holds its shape. Solid core?

I mainly use solid. Sometimes ribbon and very occasionally stranded.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

slimtriggers

What a cool effect.  That really sounds eerily human at times. 

Bret608

I hadn't thought about the Tenebrion much until now. Looks awesome!

The Plus-Dist has grown on me quite a bit. At max gain, it's really trebly with my setup, but I've found that when I roll back the tone knob on my guitar, it's just right (and I don't have to re-EQ my amp). The lower-gain sounds are better than expected as well.

midwayfair

I just realized something ...

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE JACKS INSIDE YOUR DIPTHONIZER?

Seriously, I made an enclosure for one of these for someone and if I'd thought about using low-profile jacks under the board, it would have made it a lot easier ... but apparently normal metal enclosed jacks will work?

juansolo

Quote from: midwayfair on April 08, 2013, 01:55:17 PM
I just realized something ...

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE JACKS INSIDE YOUR DIPTHONIZER?

Seriously, I made an enclosure for one of these for someone and if I'd thought about using low-profile jacks under the board, it would have made it a lot easier ... but apparently normal metal enclosed jacks will work?

Cleggy made his with regular open jacks, it's tight either way in all honesty:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk