News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4-Knob Compressor

Started by pickdropper, March 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is a Ross Compressor that I finally got around to building.  Had a devil of a time taking pictures, but oh well.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

spaceboss

Have to say, I like that very much. Board by you?

v00d00blues79

I like that a lot!  I've been wanting to do a 4-knob clone for a while, but me and vero don't get along very well.

Andy

pickdropper

Yep, I did the board for this one.  I actually have some extras of this prototype.

The spacing is tight for the 1uF box caps,, so I am going to fix that for the next round of PCBs.  There is plenty of room for MLCC and maybe Panasonic film caps.  Obviously, I used box caps and they work, but I had to mount them up a bit.
Function f(x)

fendman

If you have a spare board... and  an enclosure like that ....and  :)....Dave it is absolutely mint.

Seriously that is a must have board.

pickdropper

Quote from: fendman on March 12, 2013, 12:35:32 PM
If you have a spare board... and  an enclosure like that ....and  :)....Dave it is absolutely mint.

Seriously that is a must have board.

Yeah, I have a few spare boards I am planning on selling to finance the next round of boards.
Function f(x)

fendman

Well put me down for one please, I have the vero layout, but hey that board just cries out Build Me :D
Nice one Dave you should have plenty askings for this one...its a great sounding pedal.

v00d00blues79

There's also the option of using tantalums like the keeley version too.  Those wont take up that much space.

jimilee

lase tell me you're charging like a million dollars for these boards so I won't have to buy one,otherwise I'd give it a go also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

I'd take a board Dave. Also, this build is super tidy. I like it a lot.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

slimtriggers

Love the Art Deco look. 

That's a great board layout, too-everything's in neat little rows 8)

spaceboss

If they're not all spoken for, I'd give a kidney or two for one of them.

pickdropper

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Those that would like a board, please PM me.  I think I have 6 total, but I will be getting more.  Because of my cap goof, these are $8 a piece.  I am planning on selling the corrected ones at $10 a piece.
Function f(x)

hammerheadmusicman

Great work again Dave! I wish i would've known about this layout when i had those boards off you last week, certainly would have had one of these!!

if there are any left, i'll take one if that's cool? I did one of these on vero, and it's still in my box of shame waiting for me to have time!

george
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

wgc

Beautiful!  Almost makes me wish I was more interested in compressors.   ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings