News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POLIDA - MN3005

Started by aballen, March 12, 2013, 08:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I've seen this person mentioned on another forum.  Does anyone know if these are legit?

He is asking $25 each, which seems reasonable for legit MN3005

If anyone has had experience with this seller please let me know.

Scruffie

No way to tell, that's the risk you take with MN3005s, he was sending out legit chips for a while but that was probably just down to whatever source he got them from happening to get hold of real ones. Doesn't mean it'll always be the case (in fact I think someone ordered after he got another set and they turned out to be fakes again).
Works at Lectric-FX

GermanCdn

If it were any other IC, I'd say no problems, I've ordered hundreds of ICs from Polida and they've all been legit.  However, I'm still skeptical on the 3005s, if only because my brain goes if they were legit, there would be an epic post on here about it and we would have collectively exhausted their stock by now.  So I guess it's really up to how risk averse you are.

I know, I'm no help.  I chickened out and ordered 3008s from them - if they're crap, I'm only out $7.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

PimpMyTone

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 12, 2013, 08:49:48 PM
If it were any other IC, I'd say no problems, I've ordered hundreds of ICs from Polida and they've all been legit.  However, I'm still skeptical on the 3005s, if only because my brain goes if they were legit, there would be an epic post on here about it and we would have collectively exhausted their stock by now.  So I guess it's really up to how risk averse you are.

I know, I'm no help.  I chickened out and ordered 3008s from them - if they're crap, I'm only out $7.

Hi , I know you live in canada too so Im just curious about the shipping time . They say it s like 40 days to canada . Is that true ?
Simon

GermanCdn

No it's usually about three weeks.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Chi_Boy

Quote from: aballen on March 12, 2013, 08:00:52 PM
I've seen this person mentioned on another forum.  Does anyone know if these are legit?

I've ordered from him and received some good and some fake MN3005's.  Getting a refund is somewhat of a pain because of the return, but on the upside, he did have a US based return shipping address.  And I always received the refund, so there really is no legitimate complaint, even if they were fakes. 

pickdropper

Quote from: Chi_Boy on March 13, 2013, 03:55:38 AM
Quote from: aballen on March 12, 2013, 08:00:52 PM

I've ordered from him and received some good and some fake MN3005's.  Getting a refund is somewhat of a pain because of the return, but on the upside, he did have a US based return shipping address.  And I always received the refund, so there really is no legitimate complaint, even if they were fakes. 

That's actually an improvement.  When I got a bad one, I had to sent it back to China.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

monkeyssj1

I ordered a pair of 3005's from him earlier this year and they were legit

juansolo

Just got two last week that were legit. Ordered a further 4... *crosses fingers*
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

65gmcjnew

Crossing my fingers too.. Just ordered 4 of his mn3008
guitar and amp repair by Jeff Newell.. also lead tech at Encore Instrument Repair.  Dayton OH

aballen

sigh, Ok I'm taking the plunge just ordered 4 MN3005s... I think that will be my life supply right there.

I really hope they are all good.  There are 2 BBD pedal I really want to build, after that, I'll have to recycle these chips.

I have some 3008s from small bear to compare to, so I should be able to test them for comparison fairly easily

aballen

Well I just got these in the mail, and an aquaboy deluxe... and a few road rages.

Hopefully this works out, I'll let you guys know.

Scruffie

Quote from: aballen on April 01, 2013, 11:06:11 PM
Well I just got these in the mail, and an aquaboy deluxe... and a few road rages.

Hopefully this works out, I'll let you guys know.

I would say at first glance, you're in luck.

Different appearances and date codes is a good sign.
Works at Lectric-FX