News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin - volume loss

Started by jprizz, March 12, 2013, 01:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprizz

I've completed my Sea Urchin and it works except that I get a serious volume loss when I engage the effect. So much so that it is unusable this way. Everything works like it should except for the volume loss. My PT2399's were locking up so I have tied pins 3 & 4 together as suggested elsewhere. The voltages all look good on both chips and the regulator. Are there any components I should check or swap out that could be causing this? Or could this be a bad batch of PT2399 (from Tayda). Thanks for any guidance.
-Josh

jimilee

Typically it's a resistor value that's off, like 100k instead of 10k for example. That's the first place to check. Ugghh I know what a pain.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mysticaxe

If it is also the dry signal, look at the resistors around the opamp.  The one i built is definitely unity volume.

jprizz

You were right Jimi, I had a 39k in R3 instead of 360k. I usually measure the resistors before hand but obviously I missed this one. Hopefully swapping out will correct it. Thanks again guys!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jprizz

That fixed it! Sounds awesome now. I'll post up when I get some pics.
-Josh