News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vicious Cricket WARNING VERO CONTENT!!!! NOW WITH NOISE!!!

Started by jimilee, March 19, 2013, 08:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is my first vero project evar!!!! I chose the noisy cricket for testing pedals because,although it's convenient,my ipod touch with my irig is just too many cables and adapters. This was quite the learning experience for me,had a few solder bridges to sort out surprisingly,apparently it's easier to create the than I though on vero. The only mod I did was a switch for bass or guitar, pretty straight forward this one.The housing is just a project box from Radioshack,didn;t want to waste a good metal box on this one,I just grounded both jacks and we're good to go.The soldering is smooth and easy though,looking forward to a few more vero projects.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/noisy-cricket[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

Lovely stuff Jim!

Those little amps are surprisingly loud running into a big cab.

I haven't used vero in a while, but it is certainly 'instant gratification'.

You can get a layout and build a circuit all within an evening, rather than wait for 6 weeks for some prototype PCB's to arrive, by which time your attention has already moved on to something else (talking from my own experience  :D).

Stomptown

Looks awesome! I love the knobs and the big ol' switches.

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on March 19, 2013, 12:26:56 PM
Looks awesome! I love the knobs and the big ol' switches.
Thanks,I got the knobs from Tayda and so far don't like the way they look on stomps, Grit and power switch came from bitches love my switches and bass / guitar switch came from radioshack too.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stig

I like em big knobs on pedals.

Looks nice.

jprizz

NICE! I've been hankerin' for a cricket myself. Any sound clips coming?
-Josh

jimilee

Quote from: jprizz on March 19, 2013, 05:27:15 PM
NICE! I've been hankerin' for a cricket myself. Any sound clips coming?
-Josh
Yep tonight or tomorrow. The cleanest is really clean and the dirty is pretty smooth.

Rip57

Very  cool. I've never used Vero myself. What size and impedance speaker do you run it through?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jimilee

Quote from: Rip57 on March 19, 2013, 09:41:24 PM
Very  cool. I've never used Vero myself. What size and impedance speaker do you run it through?
Well tonight I ran it through an 8ohm line 6 10" speaker. I use it as a floor wedge. It sounded really clear and clean,color me srprised. I'm going to do a video tomorrow I think. The layout came from tagboard effects. there are a couple of videos with it running through a marshall 4x12 cabinet. Like I said earlier,it's really just for testing pedals and goofing around.

jimilee

bigmufffuzzwizz

Ive been meaning to bust one of these for awhile now. Sounds really good Jimi!
Vero wasn't so bad huh? I like soldering on those strips, I find it forgiving and I love how compact it can get.
Whats the bass/guitar switch? Input cap?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 09, 2013, 12:35:50 PM
Ive been meaning to bust one of these for awhile now. Sounds really good Jimi!
Vero wasn't so bad huh? I like soldering on those strips, I find it forgiving and I love how compact it can get.
Whats the bass/guitar switch? Input cap?
Yep input cap switch.

slimtriggers

Nice.  I need one of these.  My 18 watt is just too loud for knockin' around after hours.

BTW, you must be the reason why Tayda is always out of stock on those knobs  :P

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on April 09, 2013, 03:31:14 PM
Nice.  I need one of these.  My 18 watt is just too loud for knockin' around after hours.

BTW, you must be the reason why Tayda is always out of stock on those knobs  :P
:P MAYBE!! I bought about 6 or 8 of each. Not crazy about them, but they look ok on some projects so far.

TreeSlayer

"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King