News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Very impressed with Tayda

Started by stevie1556, March 25, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

I've been extremely happy with the place I currently get all my electronic supplies from over the years, but I keep reading about Tayda, about how good and cheap they are. I decided tonplace an order which shipped a couple of days after ordering. Only took 8 days to arrive, everything is there and appears to be of good quality. Definitely gonna place a larger order next time to stock up on pots and knobs!

What do people think of their enclosures? I've worked out they are just under £2 cheaper then what I can get Hammond ones for, but was wondering about the quality.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

ichilton

Same here!

Re the boxes, i've not got any better ones to compare with, but i've ordered 6x 1590B and 2x 1590BB and they are fine!

Peteyboy

I just started using Tayda for most of my ordering too. They have great prices and cheap shipping rate (It's nice for those time where you forgot to buy just a part or two). I also stocked up on parts with their %15 off coupon they post just about every month on Facebook. I haven't tried their boxes yet, though I have 4/5 projects that still need boxing hmmm...

jimilee

I use tayda as much as I can. Shipping rates are reasonable is the reason. They apparently have a few warehouses they ship from, so sometimes I get stuff in about 3 days with regular shipping
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

I just got a couple of their 1590bb's and i'm impressed, haven't tried drilling or painting yet but they look really good. The backplate does fit perfectly onto the back of a genuine Hammond 1590BB, even comes with 6/32 screws.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

I've ordered about 40 enclosures from Tayda, all have been top quality.  A couple of them needed a little sanding to get the odd surface anomaly out, but that's par for the course with raw enclosures.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

I have been using Tayda for about 4 months now and I love dealing with them. I found out that they have an eBay store also that is just their US warehouse. http://stores.ebay.com/Thai-Shine?_rdc=1 so they always get stuff to me in under 4 days to California. I have yet to have a shorted order or shipped the wrong items.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 25, 2013, 04:18:34 PM
I have been using Tayda for about 4 months now and I love dealing with them. I found out that they have an eBay store also that is just their US warehouse. http://stores.ebay.com/Thai-Shine?_rdc=1 so they always get stuff to me in under 4 days to California. I have yet to have a shorted order or shipped the wrong items.

Hey Self, not questioning your knowledge here but I was wondering how you know they are related to Tayda?

Something tells me you'll point me to big letters that says TAYDA  :P ::)
John

Micpoc

I'm 95% of the way to a positive impression of Tayda. I received my first order from them on Monday. It had one small issue (part missing, though the label was affixed on top of another part's label), reported it immediately, and am still waiting for a response.  Otherwise, fast delivery and amazing prices.

fendman

I can't fault them on res and caps, but I have had some shi* jacks where the nut just didn't fit,  and two enclosures which were really bad..but sending them back is just out of the equation. But hey, the price is great so you just have to take the ups and downs...Over all I can say I am fairly happy dealing with Tayda.

Missing the discount is a real bummer as well >:(

But Jimilee is the guy who is like a Mearkat and warns everybody when the discount comes out ;D

Three cheers for Jimilee :)

Mike

jimilee

Quote from: fendman on March 27, 2013, 09:01:55 PM
I can't fault them on res and caps, but I have had some shi* jacks where the nut just didn't fit,  and two enclosures which were really bad..but sending them back is just out of the equation. But hey, the price is great so you just have to take the ups and downs...Over all I can say I am fairly happy dealing with Tayda.

But Jimilee is the guy who is like a Mearkat and warns everybody when the discount comes out ;D

Mike
Slamming! I have my Facebook set to notify me the minute said discount is in effect. And sometimes I send them messages letting them know we here are needing to drop some bank over there and we are just waiting on the word! ;D
I got your collective backs.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: jimilee on March 27, 2013, 09:23:29 PM
Quote from: fendman on March 27, 2013, 09:01:55 PM

Mike
Slamming! I have my Facebook set to notify me the minute said discount is in effect. And sometimes I send them messages letting them know we here are needing to drop some bank over there and we are just waiting on the word! ;D
I got your collective backs.

Good Lad ;)
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

selfdestroyer

Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 27, 2013, 08:26:53 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 25, 2013, 04:18:34 PM

Hey Self, not questioning your knowledge here but I was wondering how you know they are related to Tayda?

Something tells me you'll point me to big letters that says TAYDA  :P ::)

I talked to Tayda and they told me that if I wanted faster shipping I could buy from their partner in the US since they had a warehouse here. They do not stock everything they carry on Tayda's website but I guess it 50% of their stuff and I get it in 3-4 days instead of 7-9 days. Hope this makes sense.. I'm frazzled here at work today.

pedalman

Tayda is awesome. where else can you add a handful of experimental crap and it only costs you $4.00 more? im doing a led project so i aded the leds and chips with almost no difference in the price. Now i always spike my orders
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

danwelsh

i've been ordering from mammoth since i started building but with all you experienced builders leading me the way...i'm gonna try tayda next :)