News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shoot The Moon - 1590A Horizontal orientation - w/ Demo!!!

Started by Stomptown, March 26, 2013, 02:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Elegant indeed, sir! A 1590A build that doesn't look like a 7-layer lasagna inside - brilliant. The side-mounted pots are great for the small space, too - no worries about kicking them.

Love the top plate, too. I bought some a while back and whenever I tried to work with them I ended up bending them and wasn't able to get nice, rounded edges. Bravo.

There's also a different level of accomplishment when it's your own board.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

raulduke

Wow  :o

That has to be one of the cleanest 1590A builds I've seen.

I swear some of you guys are masochists with the pain you must inflict on yourselves with these 1590A builds  :D

Zerstorte Zelle

zapme

Awesome build...what brand of 3pdt switch did you use....like the smaller size

Stomptown

Quote from: zapme on March 26, 2013, 05:41:30 PM
Awesome build...what brand of 3pdt switch did you use....like the smaller size

I got it from Mammoth Electronics (they are a bit expensive!). It's nice for compact builds and the switch feels really smooth, but the solder lugs are very small so it's like threading a needle. Here is a link:

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SFS3PDT-LS-I-p/800-1006.htm

alanp

It occurs to me that if you did a few different circuits like that, you could put 3 or 4 in a BB enclosure  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Rip57

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jprizz

Dang that is cool. Is it hard to see the led in that orientation? Just curious.

Stomptown

It's not too bad. It's not as bright as I thought it would be though. I figure in dark at shows it should be fine...

mjcyates

Great looking pedal. I really liked the voxy brown as well. Something about that layout just appeals to me.

Stomptown

Quote from: mjcyates on March 28, 2013, 01:31:11 AM
Great looking pedal. I really liked the voxy brown as well. Something about that layout just appeals to me.

I agree! It almost makes it look like a boom box (ghetto blaster)...

Stomptown

Hey guys, I added a new demo to the original post on this thread. I replaced the A100K with a C100K today as well. It sounds great now. Check it out...

ch1naski

Quote from: Stomptown on March 30, 2013, 07:10:41 PM
Hey guys, I added a new demo to the original post on this thread. I replaced the A100K with a C100K today as well. It sounds great now. Check it out...

Nice application of tremolo in the playing on that demo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: alanp on March 27, 2013, 07:16:03 AM
It occurs to me that if you did a few different circuits like that, you could put 3 or 4 in a BB enclosure  ;D

lol! You know I think I may try to do another board like this and put two in a BB with a vertical orientation. I'll have to think about what would go well with it. Hmm...