News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD- new bass day

Started by eniacmike, December 31, 2010, 01:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I wanted to get a bass for keeping around the house and testing stuff and I was going to just pick up a squier or something cheap but I saw this used pbass and it ended up coming home with me.

It is a 2003 Fender USA highway 1 pbass. It has a really sweet thin satin lacquer finish and it plays well. I don't know a whole lot about the bass but I think I am going to replace the caps and the tone cap because they are a little scratchy, but I am really happy with the sound.

I always really like jazz basses because to me the necks felt better and it is what I am used to but the neck feels really comfortable to me. or maybe it's just the sunburst talking.

jackbart1960

Very cool I need to buy a bass.

stecykmi

good stuff, some of my favorite albums were recorded with P-basses. I play a 5-string mexi-J-bass myself and i'm really happy with it.

madbean

Nice bass! I have a '79 P-Bass which has gotten a lot of abuse. It even has a home-made thumb rest screwed into the body and some awful frets.

I had a 50th Anniv Jazz for a while. It was terrific. My main bass is a Guild Starfire Reiss. God, I love that thing.

eniacmike

I've been playing the blue album with the pbass through my mudbunny (violet rams head tuning)

=w=

jkokura

Seminal music in my mind. I can remember bangin my head to my name is jonas in my buddies bedroom playing Bond on the 64 as a kid.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals