News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Photocoupler Orentation Question

Started by selfdestroyer, March 21, 2013, 09:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I picked up a few MI1210CLF-R from Smallbear for my Multiplex Jr. and I just want to verify what seems to be the obvious. The longer pin of the 4 is the positive for the LED side right? I only ask since my modulation does not seem to be working on my Multiplex Jr. and I am just eliminating potential issues.

Thanks
Cody

midwayfair

selfdestroyer

thanks so much. well, I guess that's not my problem. I will mess with it some more tonight be fore I post in Josh's sub forum.

gtr2

THe anode (dot) should be soldered to the square pad.  Also, if you don't have anything soldered in as a spst switch at sw1 you need to have a jumper there.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtr2 on March 21, 2013, 12:36:58 PM
THe anode (dot) should be soldered to the square pad.  Also, if you don't have anything soldered in as a spst switch at sw1 you need to have a jumper there.

Josh

Thanks Josh for the info, I checked on my lunch break and that is indeed how I have it hooked up. I also have a SPDT toggle on the SW pads. So I guess I may have to back trace it and see if maybe I have a bad part installed. Does the LED need to be installed for modulation to work? I do not have anything soldered on yet.

gtr2

Yes, the LED needs to be installed or a jumper should be in it's place.  It will not work without it.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtr2 on March 21, 2013, 04:31:11 PM
Yes, the LED needs to be installed or a jumper should be in it's place.  It will not work without it.

Josh

That fixed it. Thanks so much for the help.