News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

is that a wrong wiring?

Started by venom02, March 30, 2013, 06:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom02

Hi everyone. I'm trying to build a devi ever Hyperion 2 clone but it doesnt work well. i'm getting a continuous loud signal as output and the guitar seems doesnt effect it.

here's the board schematic

and here's how i wired it offboard (its ugly but i hope clear to read)

(omitted the 2,2k res soldered to the LED)

I triple-checked the board and it's correct. where could it be the problem? many thanks

jimilee

Check for solder bridges around the cuts and between the strips
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

venom02

Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2013, 08:22:35 AM
Check for solder bridges around the cuts and between the strips

checked and nothing is bridging. here's a pic, the marks between strips are cutter passages to be sure the is nothing between.

the problem is still there: a loud sound modulated by the INT pot while the volume and OSC pots seems do nothing or very little.

If not powered on the guitar sound is pretty and clear (so the bypass is working well)

hammerheadmusicman

Perhaps i'm wrong, but, that looks like a bridge to me..

I circled the bit in Red.

Good Luck

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

venom02

no that solder is not touching the strip beneath. its just the view angle of the picture that makes an illusion ;)

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Ok so, what type of loud signal, and are you getting any guitar sound at all?
Also, your dc jack doesn't appear to be grounded to your input jack

2tonewarrior

You have grounded oscillation 1 not 3 ;) hope this helps

venom02

Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2013, 11:32:45 AM
Ok so, what type of loud signal, and are you getting any guitar sound at all?
Also, your dc jack doesn't appear to be grounded to your input jack

uhm now i see you're right, my DC jack is not grounded to Input, thanks. i will fix it and thell if that has resolved the problem.

Quote from: 2tonewarrior on March 30, 2013, 01:36:19 PM
You have grounded oscillation 1 not 3 ;) hope this helps

that will only change the rotation of the pot from clockwise to counterclockwise ;)

venom02

well, still not resolved the issue. now i the VOL pot seems to work correctly but the noise hasn't gone and the guitar is not hearable almost at all as before

now the wiring is this, addedo ground IN to ground DC

jimilee

look up the mbp standard wiring pdf, it's what we all use pretty much, edit, here it is I found it.
http://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

venom02

Checked using your PDF but it seems exactly like my wiring diagram :(

alanp

Just to be pedantic... the image in the OP is NOT a schematic, it's a layout.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: venom02 on March 31, 2013, 05:54:44 PM
Checked using your PDF but it seems exactly like my wiring diagram :(
Except you have a volume lug hooked to the stomp. That's a strange layout for sure. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Also osc 3 should go to ground and you have 1 going to ground.

jolly1423

^The in's and out's of the board run through the pots so according to the layout that seems to be right...