News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

is that a wrong wiring?

Started by venom02, March 30, 2013, 06:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: jolly1423 on March 31, 2013, 07:08:18 PM
^The in's and out's of the board run through the pots so according to the layout that seems to be right...

I see,I'm looking at it now. osc 3 should go to ground and you have 1 going to ground. I've never seen a layout quite like that. If you're using a metal enclosure,you don't necessarily have to ground the output jack either. I was looking over on tagboard. They mentioned a 100uf cap you should omit as well. This is an impressive layout to tackle.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

venom02

regarding OSC 3 and 1: i saw in the project's page that the designer admitted to grounding osc 1 instead osc 3 to invert the direction of the pot (from anticlockwise to clockwise) that should not be the source of the problem.

jimilee

Yeah, I don't know then, that's a mystery for sure. Time to make an audio probe and see where the signal stops or if it's getting in at all.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

venom02

I finally got the problem. it seems an uncomplete solder on the board (2nd row from the bottom, right next to the hole)

thanks everyone for the support, you are definitely the best DIY community on the web ;)

jimilee

jolly1423

Awesome! I had just ordered parts to build 2 hyperion version 1's based off this same layout. Curious how you like it as well, does it compare pretty well the the pgs demo video?

venom02

it sound great and very close to the actual demo. it's very odd how to use the OSC pot, but is like she uses it in the video ;)