News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP Screenprinting just got cheaper!

Started by Stomptown, April 01, 2013, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I was on the Pedal Parts Plus website today and noticed that they no longer have a $100 charge for screen printing. I talked to them and they apparently got a new machine that does not require them to create a silk screen. They say the quality is better too. I love DIY, but I will definitley give this a try. It's $10 for one enclosure and the price drops significantly for anything over that (I think second one is under $6) Oh and they can now do any image! Full color, etc.  Just thought I'd share with my peeps. If anyone has tried this yet I'd love to hear about the results.  ;D

Jon

jprizz

madbean

Cool. They must have gotten one of those UV printers. Good news!

jubal81

That is some awesome news! Thanks for the heads up.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Rockhorst

I saw it too! Very excited to say the least.

whitebread47

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

selfdestroyer

Might have to give it a shot. Im still working on my screenprinting rig at home off and on during spear time.. which is not very often.

pickdropper

I just shot them an email for pricing details.  I've got some ideas that might be more suited to screen printing than laser etching.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pickdropper on April 01, 2013, 09:50:54 PM
I just shot them an email for pricing details.  I've got some ideas that might be more suited to screen printing than laser etching.

Is your laser etching stuff done by an online company or something locally?

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 01, 2013, 09:51:56 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 01, 2013, 09:50:54 PM

Is your laser etching stuff done by an online company or something locally?

It's done locally.

I usually do it myself when I can get access to the machine.  I am in the process of getting some done at a local shop.  The pricing is reasonable, but there is a $30 setup fee, so I wouldn't want to do it for a one-off.
Function f(x)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

a month after I paid for my first screen!

pickdropper

Still no response to my email.  They've been slow to respond lately.  They must be overwhelmed.
Function f(x)

jkokura

They responded to my first, but my second had many clarifying questions.

They're still unsure how things will work.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

whitebread47

Quote from: pickdropper on April 05, 2013, 12:53:22 AM
Still no response to my email.  They've been slow to respond lately.  They must be overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, they get really busy from time to time.  That's why I'm quicker to order in-stock painted enclosures than buying them to-order, though their powdercoating is second to none; the blems are typically invisible to my eyes.

That said, I'd imagine they'd be getting an onslaught of screening orders with such a dramatic price drop.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell