News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Guitar

Started by mjcyates, January 03, 2011, 07:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Fender LTD FSR Thin Skin American Standard Stratocaster

From what I understand there were 150 made. Bought mine from Guitar Emporium here in Louisville, KY. Very cool guitar.

madbean

Very nice! I have yet to own a Strat with a maple fretboard. I've always stuck with rosewood.

eniacmike

that is so hot! does it have a satin finish? I wish my strat was nitro instead of GLOSS.

I like the 8 hole pickgaurd.. vintage mojo

jkokura

I have a larivee super strat with a maple neck Brian. It's money.

Great strat! I've held off buying the real thing for such a long time. I want my first strat to be a genuine american made - I'm really impressed with the current deluxe standards with the special switching system right now. Totally will never be able to afford one though. I'd probably get a tele as my next guitar anyway...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

My second guitar was an 89 deluxe bought new in the store. Like an idiot, I modded the hell out of it. Had a guy put in a Floyd Rose and he ruined the body. The neck though....man, that thing has molded to my hand. I have a replacement body for it, but no time to finish it.

A couple of years ago, I scored an 88 deluxe for 600. It's basically the same guitar but without the Lace Sensors. It's a really nice guitar.

Haberdasher

nice guitar, i like it.

i have a hand-made hamer daytona i bought new in 94 that's pretty nice.  heavy as hell though.  it has a nitro transparent blue finish.  still plays great after all this time, but these days i kind of wish i had gone with a maple fret board.

whenever i score a tele i'm going maple for sure.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

CapnCrunch

Sweet!

I love Blondes!  I'm sitting here playing mine now.  It's a little lighter in color (body) but they could be twins.

After I got my Tele, I was on a quest to find a strat with a Maple neck.  I just sold my rosewood board Strat.  I much prefer the maple to the Rosewood board.

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

mjcyates

Thanks for all of the comments guys. There is actually a cool story to go along with it. I had been saving up pedal money to buy a strat but was only planning on a budget of $500. I found what I thought to be a good deal on ebay and bought a 60's Players MIM strat in Aztec gold. It was a nice guitar. When it showed up my wife got mad. She said because she wasn't involved in helping me pick it out. Didn't make sense to me at the time, but regardless, I couldn't keep it, bad mojo. So I sold it for what I paid, no loss. Then a week before christmas my wife gives me this card with a long note and $600. She had been saving her own money to help me buy a guitar, so that's really why she was upset. Anyway I was able to increase my budget to get this guitar. Cool guitar, cooler wife!

tonedeaf

Quote from: mjcyates on January 07, 2011, 04:49:56 AM
Thanks for all of the comments guys. There is actually a cool story to go along with it. I had been saving up pedal money to buy a strat but was only planning on a budget of $500. I found what I thought to be a good deal on ebay and bought a 60's Players MIM strat in Aztec gold. It was a nice guitar. When it showed up my wife got mad. She said because she wasn't involved in helping me pick it out. Didn't make sense to me at the time, but regardless, I couldn't keep it, bad mojo. So I sold it for what I paid, no loss. Then a week before christmas my wife gives me this card with a long note and $600. She had been saving her own money to help me buy a guitar, so that's really why she was upset. Anyway I was able to increase my budget to get this guitar. Cool guitar, cooler wife!

Awesome story to go with an awesome Strat!!!  Nice.

CapnCrunch

Quote from: mjcyates on January 07, 2011, 04:49:56 AM
Cool guitar, cooler wife!

You are doubly blessed!  As awesome as new guitars are, there is nothing on earth better then an awesome Wife.

madbean

mjcyates

Thanks guys!

QuoteYou are doubly blessed!  As awesome as new guitars are, there is nothing on earth better then an awesome Wife.

Very true!