News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

An Impractical Series of Pedals

Started by joshua_eiler, April 11, 2013, 02:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua_eiler

I don't know about you guys but I have found myself with several enclosures that I have either made mistakes in drilling or have recycled from other projects.  After seeing some of the genius ideas of people covering enclosures with fabric I got a spark of inspiration. 

I took these three enclosures and filled the unneeded holes with epoxy and then sanded them flat.  I had this old tapestry laying around and sprayed them with adhesive to glue the fabric on. 

First I build a two-in-one, Madbean Neutrino with a Red Ranger boost from Tonepad.  To make it as impractical as possible  :) I used a toggle (instead of a stomp switch) for the bypass of the Red Ranger.  I like the way it looks on the outside but it's a mess on the inside!

The next is a Little Angel Mini Chorus made from mostly recycled parts...

The next one is a Tonepad Tube Screamer and the Slambox from Madbean.  The boost seems a little unnecessary but it still sounds pretty nice.

These pedals were meant as an experiment and I had a ton of fun building them thanks to the inspiration of the builds I've seen here!

Cortexturizer

lol, actually those are awesome looking!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

joshua_eiler

pickdropper

Nice recovery.  I don't think anybody will notice anything unintentional with those.  They look cool.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

neiloler

Really great look! It makes me wonder if you could shellac it with some thinned-out epoxy or something to get the tweed/fabric look of the ol' 50s Fenders. Really cool work!
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

joshua_eiler

Quote from: neiloler on April 11, 2013, 05:33:18 PM
Really great look! It makes me wonder if you could shellac it with some thinned-out epoxy or something to get the tweed/fabric look of the ol' 50s Fenders. Really cool work!
That's a good idea!  It would look better with some depth to it and would probably wear a lot better.  Thanks!

fendman

My favourite colour, so its all plus from me. I can see you enjoyed the builds well done. :)

pickdropper

Quote from: joshua_eiler on April 11, 2013, 06:30:20 PM
That's a good idea!  It would look better with some depth to it and would probably wear a lot better.  Thanks!

I would try pouring Envirotex over that.  It should work great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

joshua_eiler

Quote from: pickdropper on April 11, 2013, 09:40:40 PM
Quote from: joshua_eiler on April 11, 2013, 06:30:20 PM

I would try pouring Envirotex over that.  It should work great.

I'll have to read up on Envirotex and give it a go.  That would give it some fantastic depth!

gordo

That's a cool idea, and anything purple is the bomb in my books.

The Red Ranger is a cool beast and when I was on the road back in the early 80's my standard rig was a 50 watt Marshall JMP and I used a Red Ranger on all the time in the middle setting to get extra grit on the top end and a bit more thump on the bottom end.  Very cool effect, but I guess if it's your core sound it isn't really an effect...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?