News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiplex Junior: The Tree of Life

Started by whitebread47, April 08, 2013, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

Just boxed up the Multiplex Jr. from 1776 Effects.  It's basically the EP-3 mode of Josh's Multiplex delay circuit with on board modulation.  This thing sounds amazing to say the least; very tape-like.

Box is a 125B I painted a cream color with Valspar spray paint and clear.  Stamps all from Hobby Lobby and using black ink.  If getting into stamping and you're painting your own enclosures, stamp before the clear coat and let the ink sink in the paint for a day or two.  I had to sand down and start all over with this one because I applied the clear first and the ink just sat like water on top of it.  :x

Again, this thing sounds excellent.  I'm not much of a delay user but have built a few of 'em.  This'n'here is ol' 'Bread's favorite yet.  The build itself is pretty easy, especially with board-mount pots.  I opted out of the modulation switch and the rate LED just to keep things relatively simple, though I'm sure those are useful features.

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

midwayfair

Great work, Blake! I love the stamped artwork.

Bret608

That is fine work, fellow S'port native!  ;)

Been trying to figure out which of Josh's projects to build, and I missed the boat on his recent sale due to a family emergency. This one is looking tempting!

jubal81

Now that's classy! Nice work. I'm just about convinced I need to go get some stamps ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

whitebread47

Thanks for the kind words, guys!  I absolutely love this thing.  I think this will be my aesthetic approach to pedals from here on out.  Stamps are simple, and I like simple.  ;D
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Stomptown

Looks great!  :o I love the stamps and the knobs are my personal favorites. I love my multiplex but find myself in the EP-3 mode for the most part. I definitely wnat to build one of these myself.

selfdestroyer

Love the tree and lettering. I have still, as of yet, painted mine. Its just sitting in a 1590B begging to be painted. Not sure what color I'm going to do yet. I started using stamps also since my wife had some around and I think they look great. I also thinking of doing my own stamp design on balsa wood and some basic hand tools. Have you tried that yet?

gtr2

Great stamping.  Love the look!

Plus, I'm glad your enjoying the sound  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

lincolnic

This pedal has finally convinced me to give stamps a try. Nice work!

whitebread47

I'm glad this build is gettin' folks pumped about stamps.  I really dig the finished look of stamped pedals myself.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 09, 2013, 12:36:41 AM
I also thinking of doing my own stamp design on balsa wood and some basic hand tools. Have you tried that yet?

I sure haven't, but that's a great idea.  I'd thought about getting some custom ones made with like a company logo or something like that on it, but never thought about making my own.
Blake

billstein

I can't see the pictures. It's driving me nuts. Is it possible to put links for them?

whitebread47

Blake

billstein

Thank you. That worked. The reason I wanted to see this so bad is to see the stamping. I'm thinking about using that technique on my boxes.

I love the alphabet stamps you're using. Where did you get that at?

whitebread47

I bought all the stamps at my local Hobby Lobby.  The letter stamps come as a bundle.  I had to buy the lower case letters and upper case letter boxes separately.
Blake

selfdestroyer

Quote from: whitebread47 on April 09, 2013, 10:00:51 PM
I'm glad this build is gettin' folks pumped about stamps.  I really dig the finished look of stamped pedals myself.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 09, 2013, 12:36:41 AM
I also thinking of doing my own stamp design on balsa wood and some basic hand tools. Have you tried that yet?

I sure haven't, but that's a great idea.  I'd thought about getting some custom ones made with like a company logo or something like that on it, but never thought about making my own.

This looks easy and has some great results.. Might be worth a try.
http://valwebb.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/make-your-own-botanical-rubber-stamps/