News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voxy Brown Build - Righton Brock

Started by neiloler, April 10, 2013, 10:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

She's a killer. :)

For anyone else who's built this up, where did you find unity gain to be? Maybe I was just playing through my amp really low on the volume last night, but I felt like I had to have the volume up around 2 o'clock before I started getting unity, even with higher gain settings. Thoughts?

(I'll have to take some gut shots, I miscalculated the drilling/decal/blah blah blah, so I had to do some mid-flight adjustment):

OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

pickdropper

I REALLY like the way you contrasted the black text with the background color.  Looks fantastic.

Needs a gutshot, though.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

neiloler

Indeed! :) And thanks! The decal turned out lovely.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Very nice.. cool font choice as it matches the design perfect.

jkokura

Cue the Queen referenced builds...

Nice finish.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

This is such a cool pedal!! Should be called Right-on Brock....  ;) This makes me wanna finish mine, although the finish won't be as cool  :(

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

hoodoo

Looks fantastic mate, no one could tell you had an issue with the decal, perfect. All the best, Matt.

Hangingmonkey

Looks great. Is that an envirotex finish?

slimtriggers

That came out great.  I love the name 8)

Stomptown

Great looking build! The Black/red/gold theme is perfect.

neiloler

Thanks everyone! :)

The finish is a Super Glaze, a pourable epoxy kind of finish. It's like Envirotex, I just found it at the local hardware store for $25 for enough to finish at least 100 pedals, if not more like 300. Two giant bottles.

I've been crunching through 6 builds of the Zero Point SDX tonight, so I didn't get a chance to take a gut shot, I will soon as I'm able!

DutchMF

Quote from: neiloler on April 10, 2013, 11:20:40 PM
I've been crunching through 6 builds of the Zero Point SDX tonight, so I didn't get a chance to take a gut shot, I will soon as I'm able!

6??? Are you a machine??? :o

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"