News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2N3565 for my weener

Started by aballen, April 13, 2013, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I have an few "old" 2n3565 transistor and my weener wah needs on.  does anyone know the pinout on the odd mushroom cap looking 3565?

also what is the pinout for the Q1 on the weener way so I put in in correctly?

frankie5fingers

IIRC, it's EBC with the top O' the pyramid facing back toward the inductor;  it's hard to see, but there's a flat side.

jkokura

I think the weener has the correct shape indicated for that transistor. At least, mine is setup that way.

Also, I'll buy those 2N3565's off you if you want to let any go.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aballen

Jacob, I would but I only have 5 of them. Which is why I want to make sure its in correctly.  Bought them at small bear, not cheap.

Still not sure what you mean by pyramid by the inductor.  These two components are on opposite sides of the board.  Some pictures.

Here is a pic of my weener, man I love saying that :), which might have a different layout than yours.

If I put the tip of the pyramid in the middle.  The flat spot is bottom right(with pyramid tip on top) or flat spot on the top left(with pyramid tip on the bottom). 

I'm having a hard time finding a datasheet that shows this package so I really appreciate the assist.

jkokura

Flat side lines up with the flat of the silkscreen image. The 'middle' lead is the 'point' of the pyramid, and it goes to the centre hole.

You're worrying too much about things - it's pretty hard to wreck a transistor.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals