News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New build non madbean - lo profile doppelganger

Started by Hangingmonkey, April 14, 2013, 04:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Heres a few pics of a work in progress doppelganger by alanp. Great project!
It worked straight away on the test rig and looks great wih the flashing led indicators. Im not sure if its worth taping up the led/ldrs as its gonna be dark inside the box once its finished.

Ive just finished clear coating so gonna have to wait 2 days before i box it up.

Heres some pics:

soldersqueeze

Good to see a build of this, and it looks like it will be a real beauty when boxed up.
Did you use the photocell2a from futurlec for this? They're the only ones I can find within spec.

Hangingmonkey

Thanks.

Yep, the ldrs are the futurlec 2a's. ive searched long and hard for somewhere more local but no luck so ive had a partially populated doppleganger for the last 2 weeks while i was waiting.

pickdropper

Really nice looking arwork.  Classy.

I haven't started building mine up yet.  I will probably do something simple with the graphics as well as this many controls in a dense area can look cluttered.  Yours avoids that, which is cool.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on April 14, 2013, 06:01:53 AM
Yep, the ldrs are the futurlec 2a's. ive searched long and hard for somewhere more local but no luck so ive had a partially populated doppleganger for the last 2 weeks while i was waiting.

Yeah, I had a good look for another source as well :) The build doc asks for 20k-2M, 21k-2M, 22k-2M and 23k-2M. Did you just ignore that? Seems a bit weird to me  ???

chordball

I really like that enclosure design! Very clean.

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

Quote from: soldersqueeze on April 14, 2013, 08:34:15 AM
Quote from: Hangingmonkey on April 14, 2013, 06:01:53 AM

Yeah, I had a good look for another source as well :) The build doc asks for 20k-2M, 21k-2M, 22k-2M and 23k-2M. Did you just ignore that? Seems a bit weird to me  ???

The 20k, 21k, etc just looks like he dragged the one cell of the spreadsheet down to create the other 3 and it did an auto-numbering thing. Could be wrong but that makes the most sense to me.

Hangingmonkey

Yeah, I assumed that it was some auto-numbering thingy. 
You can see the same thing on the BOM where the pots are listed and is goes 16mm, 17mm all the way down to 21mm.

soldersqueeze

...and there was me ordering custom 19mm pots from alpha!

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: pickdropper on April 14, 2013, 08:25:56 AM
Really nice looking arwork.  Classy.

I haven't started building mine up yet.  I will probably do something simple with the graphics as well as this many controls in a dense area can look cluttered.  Yours avoids that, which is cool.

Thanks dude.  One of the reasons I didnt PCB mount the switches was because I wanted them to be a little bit more spaced out and so that the decal text wont get partially covered by the hex nut.  

alanp

Great to see another  working one!

For mine, I only used the locking washer for the switches, didn't bother with the larger washers (they overlapped, otherwise.)

Yeah... I need to fix that build doc :-[ stupid typos. And I knew that someone else (anyone else) could make theirs look prettier than mine! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Hangingmonkey

Just an update... 

Ngyaaaaaaah!!!  Cant get it to fit in the box since I didnt board mount the switches.  Its on hold at the moment as Im working on a stagefright and a harbinger at present. 
Im trying to decide between keeping it in a BB and board mounting the switches or putting it in a taller box.  Hows everyone else getting on with their Doppelganger?

alanp

That sucks :(

Perhaps the switches could be put on the side, so that the long side of the switch is parallel with the top and bottom?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on April 24, 2013, 01:24:00 PM
Just an update... 

Ngyaaaaaaah!!!  Cant get it to fit in the box since I didnt board mount the switches.  Its on hold at the moment as Im working on a stagefright and a harbinger at present. 
Im trying to decide between keeping it in a BB and board mounting the switches or putting it in a taller box.  Hows everyone else getting on with their Doppelganger?
125bb or 1590bb?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.