News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New build non madbean - lo profile doppelganger

Started by Hangingmonkey, April 14, 2013, 04:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

I have gone with the Lacesensor build...partly because I wanted the original build.

I asked as somel others did if there were any more boards coming along for the lo profile dop....there was no reply so that was another reason for doing the Lacesensor build.

I am fairly well on with the build, when its finished it will be good to see how close the two builds are.

Mike

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: jimilee on April 24, 2013, 02:09:43 PM
Quote from: Hangingmonkey on April 24, 2013, 01:24:00 PM
Just an update... 

Ngyaaaaaaah!!!  Cant get it to fit in the box since I didnt board mount the switches.  Its on hold at the moment as Im working on a stagefright and a harbinger at present. 
Im trying to decide between keeping it in a BB and board mounting the switches or putting it in a taller box.  Hows everyone else getting on with their Doppelganger?
125bb or 1590bb?

Its in a 1590bb at present and a 125bb is not wide enough for the pcb.

Actually im thinking about keeping it in a 1590bb and putting the switches on the side of the enclosure, im not really into tall enclosures and switches on the side would look cool.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey

Side switches it is then. Ill update when i have some progress

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey

Heres the new layout. Side switches apart from the LFO switch at the front.
Fingers crossed....

Hangingmonkey

Any suggestions what i can use the old box for?

alanp

Hangingmonkey, have you done a test fit in the new box?

And for the old box... massively modified rat or muff or TS with the standard 'modded' lotsa switches aesthetic? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

soldersqueeze

nzCdog

Crazy as it sounds, I've 'bogged' botched drill jobs on enclosures before using automotive panelbeater's filler... works a treat and takes the paint well.

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: alanp on April 28, 2013, 11:53:02 PM
Hangingmonkey, have you done a test fit in the new box?

And for the old box... massively modified rat or muff or TS with the standard 'modded' lotsa switches aesthetic? :)

The test fit works.
I like the idea of a super modded TS, might give that a try.

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: nzCdog on April 29, 2013, 03:47:40 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I've 'bogged' botched drill jobs on enclosures before using automotive panelbeater's filler... works a treat and takes the paint well.

Hmmm, i have a load of boxes with errors from my early years which i havent got rid of. If the filler works im interested. Can you recommend a product?

nzCdog

This the stuff I use, just came from our local hardware store in NZ.  It's 2-part, a light brown paste and a red curing agent which you mix together in the desired quantity... it turns pink and dries pretty rapidly, in about 20 mins or so.  Its quite strong stuff you can trim with a knife or chisel, and sand if required once set.

nzCdog

I would tape the inside of the hole, apply filler and remove the tape and sand to a smooth finish once it's dry. It's surprisingly durable, particularly effective at the smaller holes obviously.  One warning is, don't try bake dry the paint on an enclosure that's been filled... trust me on this  ;) :-[

Hangingmonkey