Doubling up the MN3008 as an MN3005

Started by aballen, April 15, 2013, 05:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingataff

good work, looks like a winner.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

aballen

Wow osh park just got them in, so I guess I'll have them
In a few days.  I'll post some pics when I get them.

ichilton

interested in a few of these - and interested how it works out, as someone else told me that adding a 2nd 3008 caused noise so they ended up removing it whenever they tried it.

aballen

got them and the diving board mount works nicely for the aqua boy.  Still my next batch will probably be the centered version.

Very pretty

Here is the aquaboy board

and here is a pair of the doublers sitting on top of the board.

So here is the deal guys.  I only ordered 6 because I wanted to test them before sharing.  However, I don't have the right trimmer on hand.  I wont need them till the new Dirtbag comes out though, so I'm willing to ship out all three sets, I just wont be able to verify one first.  No reason to believe there will be any problems, there has been a lot of scrutiny on this thread, but I want to provide full disclosure.

Dutch, Jimi, and ichilon, you have all already requested a pair.  So I'm thinking I can send them out to you guys.  After one of you confirms the boards are good, you can send me payment.  I'm thinking $8 USD should cover two boards, shipping, and paypal fees.. Dutch and ichilon, since you are not in the US, I'll ask another $2USD for a total of $10USD to cover your shipping.  If it turns out the post office is cheaper that that, I'll let you know.  This is pretty much my cost.  Again, you can all pay me later.  If there turns out to be a problem with the board... your not out any $$.

If that is cool with you guys PM me your info... including your email.

ichilton

That's cool with me, but full disclosure too - I don't have a working build yet.

I've ordered some MN3005's to test if they are genuine and 4x MN3008's plus the other IC's needed to build the Aquaboy, so i'm going to aim to build it up before they arrive as they take weeks to come across the world and hope that at least some of the 6x BBD's i've ordered actually work, at which point I should be able to tell if the 3005's have more delay time and if the doubler board works with the 3008.

Thanks,

Ian

jimilee

So this is the add on board, I'm building an abdx, how does it all go together?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

No worries man, PM me your info.

Quote from: ichilton on May 03, 2013, 02:02:45 PM
That's cool with me, but full disclosure too - I don't have a working build yet.

I've ordered some MN3005's to test if they are genuine and 4x MN3008's plus the other IC's needed to build the Aquaboy, so i'm going to aim to build it up before they arrive as they take weeks to come across the world and hope that at least some of the 6x BBD's i've ordered actually work, at which point I should be able to tell if the 3005's have more delay time and if the doubler board works with the 3008.

Thanks,

Ian

aballen

Yes this is it. take a look at the pics a few pots up(or read the whole thread)

The part values are labeled, the two sockets on the right are for the BBDs, you want to socket them. 

On the aquaboy you would put headers for the BBDs.

On the left side of these boards you put 8 pins, which you can then simply socket in the headers you put on the board, effectively its board mounted.

You could always just wire it in too.

Quote from: jimilee on May 03, 2013, 03:03:50 PM
So this is the add on board, I'm building an abdx, how does it all go together?

Scruffie

Very nice, btw, it doesn't have to be 100k trimmer to work if you want to test it, it's just a voltage divider, wouldn't go lower than 10k though due to current... 50k would be better.
Works at Lectric-FX

DutchMF

I'm in, will PM details later!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

chordball

Nice looking boards! I'd be interested in a couple if you get more made.

DutchMF

I don't know if the boards have been sent yet, but I've managed to score me some tested, real, confirmed working MN3005's, so I'd be ok with it if the ones intended for me got sent to chordball (or maybe someone who's higher on the list). It's up to aballen to decide, but I'm fine with it.

Paul

aballen

I actually have them in an envelope, but not in the post yet.  Chordball PM me your info... same deal as noted above.

chordball

That's a very kind offer Paul, but I too have MN3005's as well as some MN3008's. I just wanted to have a couple of these for experimenting with the various delays I have.

If you want them then they're all yours. But I will take them if it comes to it.

Your call man. ;)

DutchMF

Quote from: chordball on May 07, 2013, 09:15:15 PM
That's a very kind offer Paul, but I too have MN3005's as well as some MN3008's. I just wanted to have a couple of these for experimenting with the various delays I have.

If you want them then they're all yours. But I will take them if it comes to it.

Your call man. ;)

In that case they are yours, as I still have to find/buy some MN3008's.......  :D

Paul