Bubba Fet - Work in progress

Started by jubal81, April 15, 2013, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

jubal81

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnit.

$30 in the crapper.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

nzCdog

jubal81

Quote from: Thomas_H on April 22, 2013, 12:15:22 PM
Did you sacrify that chicken?

No, I skipped it. That must've been what screwed me up. Better head to KFC today.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

I don't understand. What happened? The plates are too small for the design?

jubal81

Quote from: midwayfair on April 22, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
I don't understand. What happened? The plates are too small for the design?

I just blew it. Went back and looked and I ordered 3" X 2.75" when I should have gotten 3.5" X 2.75". No idea what I was thinking.

Turns out the wrong ones fit pretty well on BBs if I ever want faceplates for those. If someone wants them let me know.
- David Fair

jubal81

Making some progress while waiting for the new plates to come in.

- David Fair

nzCdog

Ooooooo... love that timber and tweed.
Bring the Boosh! xD

GermanCdn

Holy crap that's a lot of holes.  Classy build.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on April 24, 2013, 07:49:16 AM
Making some progress while waiting for the new plates to come in.

That's going to be a great looking build. In some ways, it reminds me of my Andromeda build.  You have my sympathy regarding the wiring.  I'm building up a second one now and it's a pain.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Yeah, I'm putting the wiring out of my mind until I have to cross that bridge ...

I've got 5 coats of lacquer on it and left it to dry all day. Not sure how many I should do.
- David Fair

jubal81

Got the 40106 on the breadboard and had some success. The new plates are supposed to be delivered today and the lacquer is pretty well hardened. Time to start wiring. Made a little video of my switching experiment.

- David Fair

nzCdog

Man thats cool... you're giving me ideas!  Love watchin your progress Jason

gingataff

Stunning work man.
But...

You're gonna need a bigger pedalboard.