News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tagboard FX Layout Sparkle Drive

Started by wolfingsworth, April 15, 2013, 09:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfingsworth

Unfortunately, I don't get to keep this one. I made it for a friend who asked for one a few months ago, but I didn't know of a layout. This is my first go at vero and I'm glad it fired up first try, cause if there were any problems, I wouldn't even know where to begin! With cutting the traces, and all the jumpers, I'm pretty sure I would still rather etch a board...
Uploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.us This pedal sounds really good! I don't have any experience with the production model, but I enjoyed the short time I got to mess around with this one. I'm surprised no one has made etching artwork (or rather, I wish someone had ;D) The enclosure is just black paint, circles are made with a wire brush put into a drill press and graphic is done with sharpie. I kinda like how it bled after I did the clearcoat.

jimilee

That's super cool, where'd you get black vero?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wolfingsworth

Quote from: jimilee on April 15, 2013, 09:14:39 PM
I just used a sharpie on it  :D

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

whitebread47

Quote from: jimilee on April 15, 2013, 09:29:17 PM
Quote from: wolfingsworth on April 15, 2013, 09:20:45 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 15, 2013, 09:14:39 PM
I just used a sharpie on it  :D
can you do that?

Apparently so.  I haven't myself, but I've seen folks use painted vero and etched boards.  Considered doing it, but didn't want to somehow ruin the solder side. 

Sharpie seems a much safer bet and that actually looks pretty cool.  Great build!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

selfdestroyer

Love the paint job.. I used to spray paint my veros but I found that the flux in the soldier was making it run. So sharpie sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

hoodoo

Looks great mate, the bluebird looks like an old tattoo that's spread a little, as they do. First time i think i've seen the wire brush circles too, very cool.

jvg13

pickdropper

Nice build.  I like the look of the enclosure.  Knob layout is tight, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

ch1naski

one louder.

njkke

wolfingsworth

Quote from: jvg13 on April 16, 2013, 03:36:43 AM
Nice man - I really like the idea of using marker or paint pens to decorate enclosures, but when it's come down to trying it I've lacked ideas (and the skills/talent maybe!).  The tattoo style is a good idea!
Thanks! I realize it's not altogether original, but the swallow is easy enough for me to draw and this is the second pedal I have used it on, so I may just 'tag' all of my builds with it from now on.
Quote from: pickdropper on April 16, 2013, 05:18:36 AM
Nice build.  I like the look of the enclosure.  Knob layout is tight, too.
Thanks Dave! I originally intended the switch to be in the center like the Timmy but the switch was too tall under the board thus the funky knob layout. That's okay, I like my builds to have some 'character' anyway.
Quote from: ch1naski on April 16, 2013, 06:30:08 AM
Did you do the diode switch mod?
yeah, I did it just like the build layout suggests with the 4148's and the red LED's

ch1naski

Being a bird-lover, I especially dig the bird. :)

I own way too many boost/od pedals, . But I gotta build this one.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on April 16, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
Being a bird-lover, I especially dig the bird. :)

I own way too many boost/od pedals, . But I gotta build this one.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
too many? Impossible!

Stomptown

Great looking build! Too bad you have to let that one go. I love the artwork and the sharpie definitely looks great...