News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spring reverb?

Started by Stig, April 16, 2013, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig

Hi all (madbean in peticular).

Why isn't there anyone who is offering what the ggg stage center was. For those who don't it was a spring reverb with a real tank connected to the board, analog is you will. The best part is that the tank can be had for 18 $. But it's discontinued now, sadly.

But from what I can see there's not the biggest fuzz about producing one.

Madbean if you were to make one of these, you would be the only one and thereby having a complete market share(trying to lure you here;-))

Here's a link:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/projects/25-reverb/43-stage-center-reverb

Mike B.

GGG publishes the single-side PCB artwork for most of their discontinued boards. I'm sure Haberdasher could etch you one for a reasonable price.

jubal81

Actually I just had Haberdasher make one of those for me. I've wanted a spring reverb for a long time and I've had the tank for years.

I can't recommend the Stage Center. It works, but it sounds awful.

I've got an idea for my own design and the parts just showed up yesterday. Planning to start breadboarding it after my current project is finished.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Stig

Sounds interesting about your project.

Good to know about the stage center too, that's probably why it's discontinued. It sounds like shit:-)

Strategy

there are nice mods for stage center put on diystompboxes.com by Mark Hammer. They are easy I've done a lot of them and I have used stage center a lot this way! easy to find there in a forum search

also google 'gaussmarkov' another guy from diystompboxes.com with great layouts on his site. he has layout for G. Forrest Cook reverb, I'm building it now.

before the mods it sounded really bad

strategy