News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MkIII Bender / Alien Gate

Started by juansolo, April 18, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

MkIII Bender

The lad I made those multi-effects for had a stash of old electronics from his dad, there were some very useful things in there. Out of them I've managed to get this MkIII, Cleggy has got a MkII and MkIII and Matt will get a Rangemaster, MkIII and fuzz face. Nice!

Alien Gate

Traced by Galego over on FSB, layout by Slade, fabbed by Haberdasher. It's a ISP Decimator clone to replace the one I traded a while back. I've used this as an excuse to make it even smaller and neater.

Cleggy was a ninja with the envirotex on this one. Even he doesn't know how, but this one came out like glass. Normally he has to sand and polish them, this one was just flawless.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

REPTAR

Haha I love the bender graphic, fits the name well.  I may have to use that idea whenever I have the need to build a fuzz  ;)

juansolo

Bender has featured on every Tonebender I've ever made. One was quite subtle as I went mojo on the build and annoyed myself by doing so. So I added a watermarked style Bender shaking his fist:

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on April 18, 2013, 01:52:29 PM
Bender has featured on every Tonebender I've ever made. One was quite subtle as I went mojo on the build and annoyed myself by doing so. So I added a watermarked style Bender shaking his fist:

That's actually one of my favorite builds of yours.  I dig the subtle Bender.

The others are cool too, of course.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Bender! Excellent work on these as always ...

Quote from: juansolo on April 18, 2013, 12:07:37 PM
The lad I made those multi-effects for had a stash of old electronics from his dad, there were some very useful things in there. Out of them I've managed to get this MkIII, Cleggy has got a MkII and MkIII and Matt will get a Rangemaster, MkIII and fuzz face.

Braggart.

juansolo

jprizz

What kind of stomp is that on the shaking fist bender?

REPTAR

I just noticed the font.  Very nice, looks just like something from futurama

gingataff

great builds, I'm a fan of futurama and queen so the tonebender  works for me;D

the alien egypt theme is a great choice too.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

juansolo

Quote from: jprizz on April 18, 2013, 05:32:03 PM
What kind of stomp is that on the shaking fist bender?

It was a Japanese one scavenged from an Akai Shredmaster. Lovely stomp, but being only DPDT it was no use going back in the Akai as that became something else.

Quote from: REPTAR on April 18, 2013, 07:51:19 PM
I just noticed the font.  Very nice, looks just like something from futurama

You can get the font here: Futurama Bold Font. All that's done then is a red gradient fill, stroked yellow outline and a drop shadow to get it more like the one used in the show.

CarpathiART

Gotta love Bender! Both look really clean and tho the separate themes I imagine they go pretty well together on a pedalboard.

nzCdog

Class... love the tonebender the most... mojo overload.

Jabulani Jonny

Note to self:  Copy juan's graphics. 

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery; or something like that.  These look awesome.  You guys have it down to a frickin' science. 
Jonathan

bigmufffuzzwizz

Top notch as always sir!!
On your decimator your wiring an etched board from the bottom! How?! I'm guessing solid core teflon if your soldering wire from the trace side.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

juansolo

Solid core wire, strip it, poke it through with the a bit exposed, hold it in helping hands, solder, strip other end of wire, grab the bare wire with pliers then push the sleeve up to the solder, trim the top and baffle all with your ninja soldering skillz  ;)