News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is this inductor worth salvaging?

Started by aballen, April 20, 2013, 10:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I don't recognize this one... Is it junk?

I have a red fasel and a soul inductor... And now this one too.  Not sure which one to put in my weener.

hammerheadmusicman

That's just a stock baby inductor isn't it?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jkokura

I haven't seen it before. Looks awesome.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aballen

GBC-95 stock inductor , like 30 years old.  That was a crappy wah so I'm not using the inductor unless I can identify it as a good one.

aballen

nzCdog

madbean

I don't know about the inductor, but those acrylic jacks are pretty neat.

the3secondrule

Like most inductors it'll probably sound Ok if you spend a little time tuning the wah to suit...

Or if you are gonna throw it out, send it to me instead :)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

pk1802

What about the jacks? I've never seen clear ones before. Not sure what i'd use them for but cool nonetheless.

juansolo

If you don't want it, I'll happily take it off your hands :)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Effectsiation

Yeah its the "Dunlop Toroidal Inductor" stock in some GCB-95s. I would be happy to buy it off you if you don't want it as I've been collecting inductors for a comparison test.

Effectsiation

Would you mind taking some pictures of your wah that this is in? I mostly just want to know what the bottom plate looks like (as in what style of Jim Dunlop logo) and what Rev # is on the PCB.

joegagan

this is around 91-93. clear jacks, small toroid ( later became n30 , etc). very early in the rev e board period.

probably a good sounding inductor. most likely 600 mh plus or minus 15%, 14 to 18 ohm.

this era dunlop wahs are actually quite good sounding, stock. hotpotz1 pot with glued on gear, probably.

joegagan

update, i looked in my junk box, i found clear jacks as late as rev g , 94. dunlop seems to have dabbled in asian low cost board production at this point, with parts and board quality at a low that was later rectified.

aballen

Quote from: joegagan on April 23, 2013, 07:08:02 AM
this is around 91-93. clear jacks, small toroid ( later became n30 , etc). very early in the rev e board period.

probably a good sounding inductor. most likely 600 mh plus or minus 15%, 14 to 18 ohm.

this era dunlop wahs are actually quite good sounding, stock. hotpotz1 pot with glued on gear, probably.

I guess I'll pull it and try it in my weener.  Honestly I was never thrilled by that wah and I've pretty much butchered it now so if its worth using ill try it.

Thanks for the info