News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BAT41 source or substitute

Started by DougCFL, January 06, 2011, 08:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougCFL

Looking for a reasonable source for the BAT41 or a suitable sub from small bear.  Mouser wants $5 to ship a few diodes.  Looks like the fwd v-drop of only .45v is what makes the BAT41 unique.  Any suggestions?  Or shall I just suck-it-up and pay Mouser.
Thanks!

Haberdasher

You can find a better price/diode than mouser, but you will probably have to wait a LOT longer for your shipment to come in (example- futurlec).  Regardless, any place you order from is going to have shipping and handling.  Of course the best thing to do is order other stuff along with the diodes so you can spread that shipping cost out over many parts.

Sounds like you might just have to suck it up and order from mouser or find a substitute.  What pedal are you building?  Serenditpity?  Sunking?

I have read that the 1N60 is somewhat close...
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

crashguitar

It looks to me like Mouser doesn't have any of the BAT41's in stock. It may be easier to order them from somewhere else.

madbean

I would go to BYOC or DIYSB forums and see if anyone can spare some. I'd offer, but my supply is actually quite low at the moment.

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

crashguitar

Thanks for the correction, Haberdasher. It appears I was only looking under shottky diodes and missed the rectifier entry.

rowland1

I got mine at futurlec based a prior recommendation from Haberdasher (thanks again!). They were really cheap, but delivery was slow.

How many do you need? I still have some left from my Serendipity build. If you just need 3, I can send 'em.

DougCFL

Looks like I'll make a buy from Futurlec.  Thanks for the recommendations.

pauloman80

Quote from: rowland1 on January 06, 2011, 07:36:58 PM
I got mine at futurlec based a prior recommendation from Haberdasher (thanks again!). They were really cheap, but delivery was slow.

How many do you need? I still have some left from my Serendipity build. If you just need 3, I can send 'em.

If you've still got those BAT41's, I'd love to hit you up for at least two of 'em.  Ideally I'd like four.  PM me, let's make a deal!
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

brotherdoc

Careful, I ordered BAT41's from Futurelec and received BAT42's.   :(

Quote from: DougCFL on January 08, 2011, 04:06:51 AM
Looks like I'll make a buy from Futurlec.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

MattL

Around thirty eight cents apiece at Mouser. As with most Mouser stuff they get drastically cheaper the more you buy. I have enough builds planned in the future that use them that I didn't mind paying $7.60 for twenty. I think at 25 units the price starts to decrease!