News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Builds: Hipster and La Vache

Started by zapme, April 26, 2013, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapme

These are my first madbean builds.  Most the things i have done in the past have just been modding pedals.  So i started with the Hipster and La Vanche.  My next build is going to be the Harbinger One so i thought some warm up builds were in order. 

With the Hipster i went with a 2n2369a in Q1 and a 2n222a in Q1 and changed the value of R4 to 1k.  I squeezed in 16mm alpha pots. It has tons of output.  Thinking about adding an external bias control in the future. 

The La Vanche build was the first one i attempted. As you can see by the upside down pcb lol  :D.  But it still sounds great.  I used a 2n5088 for now i am going to try to locate a 2n3565.  I named this one "Time Machine".  All i want to play are older songs when i have this pedal on.  I had this pedal turned on my entire last gig. 

I will try recording a demo soon.

soldersqueeze

Cool first builds- they look really good! Bonus points for starting out on a 1590A, they still terrify me :)
I finished up a La Vache today for a friend, plugged it in, and immediately regretted that it wasn't staying with me. Never mind, I'll build anoth... OH GOD DAMNIT WHY WAS IT DISCONTINUED??!
Try and find the right transistor, and whatever you do don't sell it to your flatmate  :-\

soldersqueeze

fendman

Hey Zapme, welcome and great start fella... well done on the 1590A I won't even attempt them :)

Look forward to your demo :D

Mike

hoodoo

Very brave move tackling the 1590a as one of your first builds mate, well done, they both look great, All the best, Matt.

alanp

For a first build, that Hipster is bloody clean.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

selfdestroyer

Wow 1590A and solid core with for a first build. Great job.. welcome to the addiction.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

zapme

Thanks for the love everyone.  I hope to have a totally stocked board of hand built pedals soon, getting tired of the boss pedals still lingering on my board.  :)

icecycle66

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

artstomp

..i started out with BOSS pedals..i agree nothing's wrong with them... ;)