News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirt Bag Deluxe

Started by pk1802, May 20, 2013, 06:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk1802

Been working hard at this one. I had it finished the other day, but the caps I had on my roadrage were too big so I had to swap them out for low profile caps from mouser, and that took a few days.

I have MN3005s in her, I THINK they are the real deal. I'm getting delay at 122bpm which I believe is 492ms. Hopefully someone who can math properly will tell me if that is right.

I got the graphic from someone here, I was going to etch the box, but I messed the transfer up a little bit, but I liked how it looks. Looks like someone has been loving it for a while. So I decided to keep it. I didn't even clearcoat it because I want it to take a beating.

Also, I left off the LED because I haven't decided which color I want go with, and I was too excited to try it out.

nzCdog

Woo! Looks like a relic from the golden age of bbds 8)
Your math is good too btw ;)

wolfingsworth

Nice job! I would love to get my hands on a real pair of 3005's but the cost and gamble keep my wants at bay. Congrats on a great build!

pk1802

Quote from: nzCdog on May 20, 2013, 07:10:58 PM
Woo! Looks like a relic from the golden age of bbds 8)
Your math is good too btw ;)

Thanks, it was a happy accident.
Good to know someone with most of and Engineering degree(me) can still do basic math... :) To be honest, time in equations always messes with me.

Quote from: wolfingsworth on May 20, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
Nice job! I would love to get my hands on a real pair of 3005's but the cost and gamble keep my wants at bay. Congrats on a great build!

I got these last year when Polida was still shipping good ones. I just bought another pair through ebay, and I let the seller know that I have a means of testing the chips. Hopefully (if they actually know which chips are fakes and which are not) they'll send me the real deal. Only time will tell. I've gotten lucky buying BBDs from China though. I've snagged 10 3007s with clock chips, plus this set of mn3005s, and they have all been legit so far.