News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Been busy, finished in March and April.

Started by gingataff, April 30, 2013, 06:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingataff

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments.

This quality and support on this forum is inspiring and although I've still got a long way to go I've learned a lot from you guys.

gingataff

;D I was fighting a deadline and a hangover when I recorded that.
The dipthonizer is quite different to the nautilus/mutron iii, a bit more unconventional but worth building IMO.

I look forward to your build.

Quote from: nzCdog on May 19, 2013, 06:44:51 PM
Awesome stuff man, super clean.  Really enjoyed your dipthoniser demo... now I NEED one 8)

das234

Which enclosure did you use (or recommend) for the honeydripper?  That's on my list but I haven't bought parts for it yet.

gingataff

Good question, that's an odd shaped enclosure I found in an electronics shop.
Smaller than a 1590bb but taller, almost as tall as a 125bb.

The doc suggests a 125b or larger and I think it's going to depend on if you are using any tall components (especially the bigger electrolytics) and where you want to put the jacks. I used some big caps and standing resistors in mine so height was definitely an issue, moreso because of the rotary switch.

If pedal board space is no problem then a 125bb will give you plenty of room, the 1590bb or 125b will need careful planning but should be ok if you use small components.

I stole a good idea from Juan Solo which was to fit the jacks under the board. You need to use insulated jacks and be careful drilling the holes. You'll also need extra washers to act as spacers to keep the board high enough.