Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3007 Sourcing

Started by irmcdermott, January 07, 2011, 10:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Where do you guys get yours from?

Haberdasher

I bought mine from the guy Brian recommended.  I haven't built my pork barrel yet though, so I have no report on that front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-PANASONIC-MN-3007-MN3101-CLOCK-BBD-PAIR-EFFECT-DIY-/250548637395?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a55dcced3
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

DougCFL

I also found a Hong Kong supplier on ebay that ships in lots of 10 pairs for about $20 shipped.  Anyone have  experience with buying chips from Hong Kong?

Haberdasher

Well unless I'm mistaken, those panasonic chips are out-of-production so the chance of getting a fake is real.  With a part like this you may be better off sticking to a tried & true seller.  The ebay seller I linked to is reportedly good.  I'm pretty sure smallbear has them too.  The smallbear guy isn't cheap, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get the real McCoy.

As far as Hong Kong goes I've heard good & bad- so caveat emptor.  I assume it's hit or miss on a NOS part like this.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

Go with something a little bit more reliable. You won't be able to track down that Hong Kong person and give him heck if the part is bad, and you'll just have wasted your time and money. Yes, the ebay guy is more expensive, and smallbear is more expensive still, but at least those people have supplied parts that have been verified by members of this board.

I got mine from Smallbear - expensive, but guaranteed to work.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Myramyd

I got mine from Small Bear also.

J