News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Order Status and Store Closure

Started by madbean, May 09, 2010, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Shipping times have increased quite a bit these last weeks. We are down to about the last 72 hours of home repairs and renovations before our house goes on the market. While I expected to ship a large batch of orders last Thursday, it just wasn't possible. I appreciate everyone's patience once again: very soon this will be over and I can concentrate more fully on madbeanpedals.

If you have not received shipping notification on your order, please be patient. I will have it out A.S.A.P.

There may be a couple of periods of store closure in the coming weeks. Once our house is on the market I'll be fairly limited in how much of a mess I can make here! I may close the store for a week, and spend that time on getting all the new projects ready for release.

The store will definitely close for at least a week when we move from Austin to Tennessee. That will be (hopefully) within the next six weeks. I will try to give as much advanced warning as possible.

Over the next couple of months there will be many, many new projects released as well as a few new manufactured boards.

irmcdermott

Tennessee?! that's awesome! whereabouts?

madbean

Quote from: irmcdermott on May 09, 2010, 08:21:01 PM
Tennessee?! that's awesome! whereabouts?

We're moving right outside of Nashville. We have a contract on a home in Hendersonville. If it works out, I'll have a workshop and a future project recording studio!

irmcdermott

that's freaking sweet! i live just south of Nashville, in Franklin. Middle TN is awesome, moved here 3 years ago, and don't plan on moving for a long time. best place in the country to live.

carbonfreeze

Thanks for the update, and good luck with all the upcoming changes.

andywragg

Thanks for the update Brian. Do you have any idea how long it will be before you are able to ship?

I understand how home improvements can eat up your free time. I've just spent the last few weeks rebuilding our bathroom. New walls, new floors, new bathroom suite etc. Almost done now just got to grout a wall's worth of tiles and put some gloss paint on the door/frame.

It's really frustrating as I have a box prepped and ready to drop the board into. I might get around to uploading some piccys later. 

madbean

I have about 75% of the boards made for all current orders and about half of those are drilled. I'll be shipping them out in batches of 6 - 10 orders per day starting on either Wed. or Thurs.

Thanks for understanding everyone. This is definitely the last hard part for us.

madbean

The store will close at 5p.m. on Tuesday, 5.11 for about a week.

andywragg

Hi Brian,

What's the score regarding outstanding orders such as mine.

Cheers

Andy

madbean

Update: starting Monday I will be devoting the entire week to catching up on all orders. I can't apologize enough for these delays, I feel, but it has been unavoidable. The good news is we are finishing off our work on the house today so I will be able to devote much more time to madbeanpedals (minus occasionally vacating the house so the realtor can show the place).

I will be issuing some refunds on shipping for orders that have taken too long to ship (in my opinion) to make up for the lengthy delays.

Once I am completely caught up on outstanding orders I will open up the store again for about 2 weeks. It will close again to prepare for our move to Nashville.

Once we are finally re-located, I will have my own detached shop (it's going to be awesome!) which I can work in at all hours of the day and night. So, this should lead to a huge boost in productivity on my part as I will no longer be limited to the hours I can work. This means staring around July you can expect very fast turnarounds as well as a deluge of new projects coming out (I have about 20 new ones in different stages of completion).

One other bit of exciting news is that I have 7 boards being prototyped for manufacturing right now. The plan is to migrate some of the more popular projects to manufactured boards over the next few months. Especially the larger, more complicated projects. At some point, I will open open a 'suggestion box' on what projects people would like to see come in manufactured boards.

andywragg

Thanks for the update mate.

Cheers

Andy

madbean

Progress has been made! This tub is about 4" deep  :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

andywragg

Is that one of my boards right there? (bottom left of the tub - its a neutrino)

Oh the agony, so close but yet so far ;D

Those boards look pretty good mate.