News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rotten Komp from Grindy

Started by jimilee, May 02, 2013, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So here is another compressor build,but not just any compressor, It's the Rotten Komp from Grind ustoms. Built to specs. I bought a board and then sold it, regretted it and bought a pop'd board from whitebread and threw it in and wired it up. I decided to see if I could make the decal stretch to the sides. I'm pretty happy with the overall results including the guts this time.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Parra

cool graphic, it reminds me about some jedi stuff. may the force be with you  8)

jimilee

I thought this was a neat idea bump.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Rip57

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

GrindCustoms

Nice lookin' Jimi!

Tidy job on the guts ;)

What do you think of it on your sound?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2013, 10:32:00 AM
Nice lookin' Jimi!

Tidy job on the guts ;)

I'm still working with it on bass to get it to smooth out.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on June 10, 2013, 11:15:22 AM
Nice lookin' Jimi!

Tidy job on the guts ;)

Cool, the setting i use to have a balanced string output across the fretboard and add a tad of bite is:

Level: 3o'clock to max out (Depends how much your amp input can handle without clipping)
Comp: 10:30o'clock
Bloom: 9o'clock (Just to add a bit of growl and enhance the lowend response)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2013, 12:11:55 PM
Quote from: jimilee on June 10, 2013, 11:15:22 AM
Nice lookin' Jimi!

Tidy job on the guts ;)

Cool, the setting i use to have a balanced string output across the fretboard and add a tad of bite is:

Level: 3o'clock to max out (Depends how much your amp input can handle without clipping)
Comp: 10:30o'clock
Bloom: 9o'clock (Just to add a bit of growl and enhance the lowend response)
Excellent,thank you. I'll give that a go.

Stomptown

Very nice Jimi! I love the graphics and the guts look superb!

whitebread47

Glad to see ya got it boxed up, man!  I really need to build one of these and not just populate and sell it this time, haha.  ;D
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

jimilee

Quote from: whitebread47 on June 10, 2013, 10:47:58 PM
Glad to see ya got it boxed up, man!  I really need to build one of these and not just populate and sell it this time, haha.  ;D
right? I've bought about 4 dr phybes pcbs and not completed a single build, sold or pop'd and sold instead. Coincedentally, I bought a proto board of this komp and sold it, so it was nice to finish one, I regretted selling it. :D