News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Uproar board

Started by Mark_McQ, February 15, 2011, 04:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_McQ

Was hoping to have this finished but 2 pots are on backorder, and my enclosure was too small to accomodate the extra switches. Got the board finished though. Put the 4580dd's in, and I have a pair of NE5532P's and a pair of 4558P's too for experimenting. Got a TLC2272CP as well, but I forgot to order a second. May get another for extra options, and then see how they all sound.
Since I've ordered a larger enclosure, I may put the 2 mod switches on a footswitches and have the clip remain a toggle.

madbean

What a perfectly etched and drilled board...I mean, awesome soldering!!!

Mark_McQ

Been getting a lot of compliments from the ladies on the etching. I pretend it was me.  8)

night-B

Yes you make perfect pcbs. Keep on the good job!

nzCdog

Can't wait till mine arrives! ;D (slow airmail to nz)

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: nzCdog on February 21, 2011, 08:45:34 AM
Can't wait till mine arrives! ;D (slow airmail to nz)

I too feel your pain (I'm based in Auckland). I etch all my PCBs now, I was a little intimidated by the process at first but I've got the hang of it. Just hate having to drill the holes! LOL!

madbean

Mark_McQ

Finally finished:

Can't hear any difference between the clip switch settings, but I can visibly see the leds brightness changing, so something is happening. I may try some other diodes, got some BAt41's here.
Pedal sounds great with the mid boost engaged, which also removes all the hiss too, interestingly. Presence is ok but think I prefer it off.
Also managed to kill the main status LED by accident somehow. Don't know if I'll ever fix it, took me ages to get everything all packed in there in the first place, and to get to the led, it all needs to come out together. And for the same reasons, I may not get round to painting it either.

Mark_McQ

Also, experimented with some chips. NE5532P and KIA4558P.
NE has less gain but more clarity. KIA has a bit of a volume drop but the same gain as the JRC4580DD.
Went back to the JRC as it seems to give the best balance of volume to gain.

madbean

I'll get the alternate clipping wiring up as soon as I can. I'm surprised you hear no difference. In mine the tonal differences are subtle but you can detect the volume change pretty easy.

Ang3lus

the blue led lights up too ?

mine doesn't, i think mixing bat41's with 1n34a somehow screwed something up, also had the same thing on the darkside when tried mixing diodes, gonna use bat41's, I like them the most of all diodes.

Mark_McQ

Only the red lights up for me.