News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drunken Kokbox *now with low-grade iphone clip!

Started by pandadandan, January 09, 2011, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

I procrastinated finishing this for over six months, so I decided tp finish it at 3am last night whilst rather drunk.  The results are that I painted the enclosure really poorly and I couldn't be bothered to wire the board up in my usual ocd style.

It sounds very interesting; a strange hybrid of distortion and fuzz which actually cleans up rather well.

Realised I'd ran out of knobs and LED bezels, so it's a little naked at the moment.

stecykmi

Good work! Looks way better than my drunken pedal builds.

madbean

Wow....what caps are you using there? They look like Spragues, but I've never seen that package type.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on January 10, 2011, 01:57:22 AM
Wow....what caps are you using there? They look like Spragues, but I've never seen that package type.

Ones that I can't use in the future due to the bankruptcy of the manufacturer.

They were made by a company called Nissei over here in Japan.  They are an "audio grade" cap similar to the Panasonics, but with tighter tolerances.  Actually, Panasonics are better as they roll off a bit of the treble.  These are really bright, which works against fuzz style pedals.  I used them in my Poindexter build and ended up swapping them out.  Would have been good in an analogue delay or something.  Oh well

pandadandan

I spoke to Madbean about how much fun this pedal is.  It makes me play the kind of stuff I played about ten years ago.  I think of it as my Post-Hardcore nostalgia machine. 

madbean

Maybe it's just the iPhone mic, but I was hearing a distinct sub-octave on some of those low notes. If so, badass.

Now finish that blue AquaPuss build from the pic up top!

redbean

Quote from: pandadandan on February 22, 2011, 07:57:43 AM
I think of it as my Post-Hardcore nostalgia machine. 

Hell yeah!! (where's the head-bang smilie?)  8)

es là-bas!!

stevewire

I had no idea.  I thought I was the only one to have a few and play around with a soldering iron.