News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Almost finished building 6 zero points...

Started by neiloler, May 04, 2013, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

Phew. This has been quite the undertaking. I've boxed two up completely, and four are awaiting the etched enclosure.

I just felt like telling some people who could appreciate how stinkin' long this has taken me. Mad props to Catalinbread and the other fine folks at pedal shops that do this all year round in large volume.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

soldersqueeze

Nice work, I'm guessing three are going on your pedalboard now and another three for the backup rig?
This is such a great delay, and having built one I'm much less intimidated by it. That said, just sorting the parts for these must have been a monster effort :D
I think I'd snap the rotary switch with this layout though

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

midwayfair

Oof.

You, sir, are a glutton for punishment. Cool etch, though.

neiloler

It was a small (?) experiment to see if I could build a couple as sell them off to reduce debt. We'll see if its worth it in the end.

jimilee

Where are you going to sell them? Good luck to you sir, it's a great idea.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

neiloler

Just small time stuff: a local music store wanted a pedal in the display case from me, a buddy online wanted one, etc. Small time stuff. This stud takes too long to quit my day job. I do think I'm going to build a stripped down version and sell that though, my faith in the PT2399 has been reborn through this delay.

jimilee

Quote from: neiloler on May 05, 2013, 12:11:27 PMJust small time stuff: a local music store wanted a pedal in the display case from me, a buddy online wanted one, etc. Small time stuff. This stud takes too long to quit my day job. I do think I'm going to build a stripped down version and sell that though, my faith in the PT2399 has been reborn through this delay.
Well that's just cool, yeah can't quit the day job, but to supplement is cool enough. I haven't started my build of this yet, but it's in the line of stuff. I'm having to fight the urge for more PCB s because I have so many already.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.