News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bench power supply

Started by selfdestroyer, May 05, 2013, 04:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I needed a nice little power source for my bench when testing and I figured the RoadRage would be perfect. Also, when I get a proper bench power supply I can use the RoadRage on my board. I etched the board and populated it and was planing to put it in a 1590B but I noticed I can squeeze it in a 1590A and still have the total of 5 DC jacks.

That crooked DC jack is driving me nuts. My OCD is making me open it up again and fix that lol.

I busted out the DMM and everything checks out right for the 18v, 15v, +9v & -9v.

Parra

cool box, and the ground wiring looks really good.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Parra on May 05, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
cool box, and the ground wiring looks really good.

Thanks, it was the first time I tried a ground buss from a solid copper wire.

artstomp

..cool idea!...but you forgot to install the stompswitch!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

wolfingsworth

This is awesome! Is there just one charge pump? Can you use all 4 outputs at once? I like the color too :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: wolfingsworth on May 05, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
This is awesome! Is there just one charge pump? Can you use all 4 outputs at once? I like the color too :)

Thanks, there is only one RoadRage charge pump in there. I was able to power a +9 and a -9 pedal at the same time and I tested the 18v jack with my DMM and got just under 18v.. so I would say yes. Maybe someone else can comment on this that knows better. the paint was actually a metallic gold I got from a RC hobby store. 

GrindCustoms

That's a neat idea.  8)

If the 4 circuits you are powering do not exceed the maximum mA supply of the charge pump IC you used, you're good to go.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

gingataff

Neat idea, I like it.
Looks cool too.