News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shimmer Reverb

Started by rullywowr, May 07, 2013, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

I would love to see a shimmer reverb. I have read that it doubles the octave of the drive signal and mixes it in with the feedback loop of the reverb circuit. Any ideas?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jkokura

I think using the FV-1 would prove promising. I think the Belton Bricks are not good candidates for this because of the size and sound of the unit.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Parra

yeah i also think thats a project more tangible in the digital world, like the fv-1 chip, but who knows, maybe tomorow someone will come and put something like a greenringer in the feedback loop of a pt2399/belton brick reverb.

BraindeadAudio

working on one.....you can make a reprograming unit for the belton.....

wgc

+1 shimmer reverb.  I think it's actually just reverb plus slight detune, but would love to build something to get  the chimey cleans the guy in the Fixx used.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

micromegas

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on May 07, 2013, 06:44:04 PM
working on one.....you can make a reprograming unit for the belton.....

reprograming unit? could you throw some light on it?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

rullywowr

Very cool.  The FV-1 does look like a pretty good candidate for the shimmer action.   Would love to see a DIY schematic.

On a related note, I have the TC Electronic "Hall of Fame" reverb and it is a great sounding reverb pedal.  It totally smokes the built in digital reverb in my amp (bleccch).  I especially like the TC "Tone Prints" which you can easily upload with a iPhone just by holding the phone near the pickups as it communicates like a old school modem.  What was interesting is that TC Electronic said they can't do a "shimmer" setting because the chip inside is not capable(!)....i was like stunned because of all the other capabilities of this pedal. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

REPTAR

+1 for the TC HoF, incredibly versatile pedal.  It can get close to shimmer with the church/cathedral settings.  I'd love to build a shimmer verb to pair it with.

pryde

I have been thinking about a spacy verb with shimmer. Very tempted to pull the trigger on a Stereo WET but the pricetag of that one stings. It sounds clearly the best to me for this type of reverb.

I have built a couple belton verbs but something about the bricks just don't sound very natural to me.

I would love to see a shimmer project.  :)