News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Has somebody jacked BYOC?

Started by jimilee, May 09, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Has somebody jacked BYOC or is it an upgrade happening?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

IsaacMoth

I was wondering the same thing. It seems any link to the forum is bad.
-Isaac
sales@mammothelectronics.com

IsaacMoth

Nevermind, just tried it and it worked!
-Isaac
sales@mammothelectronics.com

jimilee

Quote from: IsaacMoth on May 10, 2013, 08:26:00 AM
there was some issues going on for a few hours I think yesterday.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

radioegg

Quote from: jimilee on May 10, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: IsaacMoth on May 10, 2013, 08:26:00 AM
there was some issues going on for a few hours I think yesterday.

I haven't been able to log in all weekend. So what goes on?

Effectsiation

I'm still having issues with this at work, no problems at home though. I wonder if some ISPs or what not are blocking it for some reason?

Vallhagen

FWIW, i just clicked around their site, and it looks just fine from here. Its not a site i browse daily though.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

TNblueshawk

It's messed up again. I get redirected to some ecommerce site.

They use Yahoo over there and I'm here to tell you Yahoo sucks major ball sacks IMHO. They are a horrible host for them and I've got my own issues with their site myself.

Of course I'm someone who lost a few thousand posts over at BYOC when there was a massive SQL crash so you could say I'm a tad bitter. Out of those few thousand almost all of them were usless by me but there were a few gems I would have liked to have had a few times since then.
John

jimilee

Toy think they keep getting hacked or is it just the server / host? Either way it pretty much blows.

JohnL

God, how I am supposed to get thru work today? Oh yeah, hang out here.

TNblueshawk

Jimi, in the past it was always the host. Heck, Matt the admin there completely lost his ID and all his posts to give you an idea. He couldn't get back in for the longest.

JohnL how dare you mention the word "work" while I'm at work  >:(
John

TNblueshawk

Word from the hood is that BYOC is doing some site maintenance.
John

Mike B.

It appears that maybe they're migrating to the new domain name, and possibly (hopefully) new hosting provider.

whitebread47

Quote from: Mike B. on May 16, 2013, 02:27:14 PM
It appears that maybe they're migrating to the new domain name, and possibly (hopefully) new hosting provider.

I'm really hoping for that second part myself.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

patrickbrose

John! Where have you been for the past 24 hours? I can't live without you!  :o I spend most of my forum time at BYOC, and I am hoping the "maintenance" is a true migration to another server. They have been doing a number of upgrades to the main site, so hopefully...
One thing they could have done though; I get emails from them periodically about sales and such. Couldn't they have sent out an email blast letting us know what is up?
Also, thank goodness I ordered EFx's effect blade before I lost his site name.

-P