News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tenebrion [GC, NonMBP]

Started by alanp, May 18, 2013, 09:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Had the working board kicking around the bench for a few weeks. It was in that youtube video I uploaded, on all the time. I drilled the enclosure at the same time as the Flange box, then inked it up and worked on the Flange while I waited for it to dry so I could cover the ink with clear nailpolish (sturdy as hell.) The original plan was to have this in a box with a De Profundis delay with tap tempo, but the delay and tap board is not working.

I tried to go for a rushed-scribble, 80s schoolbook kinda look to it. With the Indian Ink, that's not too hard. (Play to your strengths!)

I'm biased here, but I think I'm getting better at wiring. Buss wire for the stomp makes things a LOT easier (I have no patience for stripping wire!) The power jack only just fitted in, might have to go higher next time, plus I'm not convinced that the mono jacks would have fitted in the same panel.

How does it sound? Well... the Rub-a-dub is a grab and go reverb, but this is more a tweakable thing, you can dial in faint oscillation at the end of the Feedback dial, and you can play with the tone pretty nicely too. Grindcustoms did a good job dialing this in!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website