Complete and utter newbie going to build a mangler point me the right way

Started by funstuie, May 29, 2013, 03:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funstuie

hey all,

So I have always been interested in the diy element of guitars. I buy cheap guitars and update the wiring and pickups, I intend to build my own amp (using a kit). Anyway I discovered madbeans and ordered a few what I thought were kits. No big deal but I am struggling to order everything I need from a UK supplier. It's confusing as s... I can solder so that doesn't phase me but I am having issues.

So I want to build a Kingslayer (which is how I found madbeans in the first place) but I am going to start with a Mangler as it's supposed to be an easy build.

I discovered mouser but I can't work out what the hell to buy based on the bom. Does anyone have an easy way to explain it to an idiot?

Hangingmonkey

Im based in the uk and i usually get my parts from bitsbox amd dr tweek. For parts i cant get from there i usually get from abroad from smallbear/banzai/tayda.  I cant figure out mouser either.

Welcome btw!

alanp

Mouser's ordering website has always seemed aggressively unfriendly to me. Combined with their tendency towards $40 shipping (unless you cross their palm with many, many silver coins), I've always gotten a vibe that they don't really want the hassle of dealing with individuals ordering stuff.

There's a thread somewhere with links to Madbean BOM's on Mouser's website, but I couldn't find it in the Tech Help area... my search-fu is weak.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Oh, and Tayda Electronics, and Small Bear electronics are my two mainstays for parts.

Tayda for resistors, caps, and garden variety stuff, Small Bear for things that need more tender loving care (like, say... weird, funky germanium resistors, reverb chips, bucket brigade delay chips, anything odd.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Jubal81 did all of us a big favor by sharing his Mouser BOM's in this thread.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5703

I don't see Mangler there but he has a large number of Beans projects. I learned a lot about navigating the confusion of Mouser from that thread.