News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD! 8ft V4 stack!

Started by BraindeadAudio, May 24, 2013, 09:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraindeadAudio

Finally finished this beast. 8 feet of sonic destruction.

Top cab is an ampeg V4 with CTS from 1973, bottom cab is an oversized ampeg 4x12 with 2 EV12L and 2 hellatone 60 in an X array.

Head is a 1975 Ampeg V4 with smoke glass 6550 tubes, and a full telefunken ecc803s preamp with a telefunken 12dw7.

All i need to do is plug in 1 pedal and sounds amazing. I love this thing.

G.G.

Good Lord  :o :o :o

Are you sure you don't need to get some kind of permit to operate that setup? Seriously, that's going to vaporize anything in front of it. Dang, that's cool.  :)

stecykmi

holy smokes i bet that's loud, i have a '72 v4 with matching cab that's just brutally loud. the cab is also stupid heavy, i hate moving that thing!

BraindeadAudio

Its tameable due to being a master volume unit. Its a non distortion model also.
It has 0 break up until about 7 1/2 and at that point on a non master V4 you are blown across the room.

DutchMF

This is the first bass rig I've seen that sends my Marshall half stack whining into a corner with its tail between its legs........ Cool stuff!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

BraindeadAudio

Quote from: DutchMF on May 24, 2013, 09:24:56 AM
This is the first bass rig I've seen that sends my Marshall half stack whining into a corner with its tail between its legs........ Cool stuff!!

Paul

This is a guitar rig! haha

DutchMF

Damn! The moment I saw Ampeg, my mind just went into 'Bass' mode (if there is such a thing....). Now I'm even more curious about how the MF sounds! It is a really big monstrous thing!!

Paul

BraindeadAudio

this is the little brother of the 75 SVT V9 so it makes sense! Its ultra hi fi due to the ecc803s pre amp tubes. tons of headroom and I have it biased semi hot with the 6550 so the RMS is around 120-130w+

Kick a fuzz pedal on in front of it and watch peoples clothing move

BraindeadAudio

Good thing I am 6ft 4 and can reach putting the amp on top of this thing. 

Anyone else got some massive stacks?

DutchMF

I used to have one, but now I've tuned down to a half stack, or even a top and a 2x12 for smaller venues. I don't like to make a fool of myself turning up at a bar gig with a full stack..... plus, I'm a tall guy like BDA (ok. a little taller 6'7") but that doesn't mean I enjoy lifting the MF's...... Still, it's one cool beast!!!

Paul

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on May 24, 2013, 09:24:56 AM

Paul
hell yeah, and that's why bass players have these rigs, cause god knows we are a lazy lot, we only play 4 strings!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Giantsinbloom

OH GOD THAT'S GORGEOUS.

I am incredibly jealous right now. I have been considering grabbing a v4 for a bit, but can never find one that is decently priced. Seems like since the word got out that Kurt Ballou (and other metal bands) was/were using them religiously on tour/recording the price has gone up, up, up. At least in my area. Maybe someday I can find one in my price range.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Beastly set-up. I had 2 of those V4 cabs, solid as ever but heavy as hell. Great sound. I sold those awhile ago cause I'm more into Sunn anyways..Still take my 1st gen Model T and 2 4x12L cabs over that anyday..sorry
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

billstein

I think I just developed Tinnitus when I looked at that photo.

drezdn