News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I got robbed

Started by icecycle66, May 25, 2013, 03:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

Man, you know what's bullshit.  Gettin' robbed.  Gettin' robbed is bullshit.

The wife and I are just about done moving.  All we have left is the garage and the shed. Well, just the garage now. While we were away somebody busted into my shed and took just about everything.  All that was left was lawnmower, a propane burner, and some scrap lumber.

Stuff that went missing was my work bench, dremel, all my dremel stuff (Bits, cutters, grinder, collets, drill press tool), all my etchant solution, all my drill bits (luckily my good drill had already been moved to the new place to hang pictures and stuff.) Some fucking Miracle-Gro soil is gone. My spray paints, rubber coating, and clear coating were all gone.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH fuck those guys.

jimilee

Dammit man, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like a bunch of kids.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Dude, that sucks.

Wait....they took the miracle-gro?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

alanp

It's horrible of me to say this, but a small part of me hopes that you were keeping the old etchant in a coke bottle.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: alanp on May 25, 2013, 05:36:25 AM
It's horrible of me to say this, but a small part of me hopes that you were keeping the old etchant in a coke bottle.

But that's how karma works ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

pickdropper

Man, that sucks.  Sorry to hear that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

stevie1556

Sorry to hear this dude. Hopefully they get caught by a big guard dog next time that bites their nuts off!

I've just shown this to the misses as explained this is the reason why I keep all my tools and everything else in the shed in the house. All I have is a heaters etchant tank (filled with ferric chloride) which will hopefully cover a thief head to toe, lawn mower and some cheap garden furniture.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

junkemail86

ugh that sucks

my delivery of parts for my honeydripper and nautlilus just got swiped. so i know a little bit of how you feel

midwayfair

Quote from: alanp on May 25, 2013, 05:36:25 AM

I was thinking this. Sorry to hear about it, Angelo. Hopefully insurance will cover it. :(

bigmufffuzzwizz

Ah that's such a bummer...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

frankie5fingers

Quote from: icecycle66 on May 25, 2013, 03:59:48 AM
Man, you know what's bullshit.  Gettin' robbed.  Gettin' robbed is bullshit.

The wife and I are just about done moving.  All we have left is the garage and the shed. Well, just the garage now. While we were away somebody busted into my shed and took just about everything.  All that was left was lawnmower, a propane burner, and some scrap lumber.

Stuff that went missing was my work bench, dremel, all my dremel stuff (Bits, cutters, grinder, collets, drill press tool), all my etchant solution, all my drill bits (luckily my good drill had already been moved to the new place to hang pictures and stuff.) Some fucking Miracle-Gro soil is gone. My spray paints, rubber coating, and clear coating were all gone.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH fuck those guys.

Ya know what's worse than gettin' robbed?
Havin' to live someplace where assholes steal Miracle Gro.
Be glad all they took was some shit in the shed and not the peace of mind of a wife or child.  Not everybody can replace what gets stolen.
OK, lesson over - you're right icecycle, that sucks. Sorry to hear you got robbed, happy to hear you moved from wherever that was.

culturejam

Sorry to hear that.

I hope they drop the etchant on something important.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

atreidesheir

I have been robbed.  It is a real violation.  Hope they go to butt rape prison. 

My students tell stories all the time about stealing wiring and all kinds of weird stuff.  They can never figure out why the cops know the details and where to find the evidence after they are arrested.  I guess I am unofficially in deep cover.   
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pryde

Damn man sorry to hear that. I wish you well.

Here is a feel good story:
Many years ago me and a bud walked out of a party suddenly seeing a guy bolting away from my friends truck with stolen property in-hand. My friend being a mean, scrappy little SOB runs this fucker down and delivers him a severe ass-beating and consequently gets is stuff back.

I wish your scenario played out like that   ;)