News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two Macheens, both FAIL.

Started by ch1naski, June 02, 2013, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

So I decided to etch my own macheen board, came out okay, and checked out good for continuity. Populated it, went to test it.....Nothing.
Dammit!
Since it's such a small circuit, component-wise, I decided to just do another, this time on vero, a Sabro layout (which he did using Brian's schematic)

Boom. Same thing.

After examining the traces/copper strips on both boards under a light, everything looked kosher, but just to be on the safe side I went between all the traces with an exact-o knife (I just recently bought a Hakko solder station,  but it arrived with a rather large chisel tip, so precision was not so good :o )

Still nothing on either board.

Well, time to bite the bullet and get out the audio probe. So I worked my way back, from the output.
And you know what ?
Both boards lose the signal after the drain pin on Q4 ( BS 170).

I've swapped the BS 170's out with a few others, and no love...

Before I go through and take voltage readings off the bjts, I wanted to check and see if anyone else has had this issue building this circuit.....I find it hard to fathom that I could screw up two different layouts of the same circuit, the same way....:-\

I've checked the component values, in fact, I've gotten into the habit of reading all my resistors with my meter first. And everything is as it should be, as fast as I can tell.....I'll post a pic of the component and trace side shortly.
The more eyes, the better.....;D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Hangingmonkey

Im working on a vero of the macheen using the layout from tagboard. Ill post back with some results.

ch1naski

Please do....any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.