Troubleshooting Mudbunny, no sound.

Started by Bieling3, May 27, 2013, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bieling3

Q1

C 9.02
B 1.14
E 1.56

Using a wall wart instead of a battery like the readings in the first post...

Bieling3

I've now disconnected one leg of every resister downstream, R12, R17, R20, and R22 taking them out of the circuit... still no signal beyond one leg of R4.

pryde

Triple check resistor values for R6, R12, R17, R20, R22, R24.

Voltages are high on Q1

What version are you building BTW?

Also, it seams like you are doing a alot of different things at once. Slow down and do 1 thing at a time, then check/confirm finding

RobA

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong from looking at the picture, but it looks like R5 is a 390K. It should be 390Ω.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pryde

Quote from: RobA on June 01, 2013, 09:16:20 AM
Maybe I'm seeing this wrong from looking at the picture, but it looks like R5 is a 390K. It should be 390Ω.

Bingo, good eye.

390R should be orange, white, black, black, brown

RobA

Check R11 and R16 too. It looks like the same case with these.

I agree with the slow down and do one thing at a time comment too. It helps to be very slow and methodical when debugging. It seems slower, but you can usually get to the fix with less pain that way.

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Bieling3

Thanks for the guidance, I'll check those values!

BTW This is built to Green Russian specs.

Bieling3

That did it! I think I like this even better than the Purple Ram's Head... you guys have been invaluable, thank you!

wstimson

Awesome.  Glad you got it working.  My first Muff build didn't work because of an incorrect resistor value as well.  Frustrating that it happened, but at least it is an easy enough fix.