News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss MT-2

Started by aballen, May 28, 2013, 02:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Anyone have a good layout for the MT-2?  I have a friend who is really in to metal and wants one of these.  I found schematics and a very complicated layout here... seems like it would be hard getting this in to an enclosure.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=91333.0;prev_next=next

Anyone know of a simpler layout?

DutchMF

That sure looks like a fun project, but wouldn't your friend be equally happy with a ChunkChunk or maybe an Upperdecker? Both absolutely rule at chugging metal sounds, and are more easily available/more compact? But yeah, the MT-2 was one of the first pedals I've ever plugged in (with my older cousins rig) and it did rock! Might still have that one around, lemme check....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Phreek over on BYOC is selling one if you guys don't have a schematic or anything.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

I was thinking an upper decker, but wanted to se I'd there was an MT2 layout first.

0ron124

I would build Chunk Chunk (Basically Dr. Boogie) or Seventheaven on FreeStompboxes. Both are preamp emulators and sound far better than the MT-2.