News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590G Projects released!

Started by madbean, March 06, 2016, 12:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

So happy to finally say the 1590G projects are available for order! Check it out: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

All the project docs are up and the component buying guide is linked on the Projects Page.

Some notes-

- I'll have to get the remaining voltage readings in the docs tomorrow. I've already put in 12 hours today...that's enough for me!

- I only found out after I ordered the boards just how scarce the VTL5C4/2 has become. This is needed for the Sawse project. I have linked a couple of sources in the doc where they can still be found but who knows how long that will last. Accordingly, I knocked a couple bucks off the price and changed the Bundle price so if you are ordering all the boards, you basically get the Sawse for free. So, I hope that is a good compromise for everyone.

I will be putting up a guide on how to build one (using the Moar as an example). Again, that probably won't happen until tomorrow. The video demo will happen on Monday.

Lastly, the Mudbunny and Smoothie are also back in stock.

selfdestroyer

Awesome addition to your shop Brian. These are going to be fun.

Cody

gordo

Better start shopping for parts and a truckload of 1590G's!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Just a heads up Brian...the Ping docs have the schematic from the MOAR...

Oops.  After cranking out this fleet of bad dogs I'm amazed you can even type...
Gordy Power

Willybomb

I'm reading some of these build docs.. I'm thinking you might have needed moar sleep in the process!

matmosphere

Quote from: Willybomb on March 06, 2016, 01:26:51 AM
I'm reading some of these build docs.. I'm thinking you might have needed moar sleep in the process!

I'm thinking we need a video or audio clip of the "Rimmy".

madbean

Whoops sorry about that! I've corrected the Ping doc.

gordo

Not that I plowed thru every build doc to get a parts list together. My wife caught me as we were watching TV tonite and said "don't you ever get tired of that stuff?"  No matter what I said I figured it would come out sounding like I was defending a heroin addiction...
Gordy Power

slacker775

...which is basically what you are doing!

Leevibe

matmosphere

Quote from: gordo on March 06, 2016, 03:54:07 AM
Not that I plowed thru every build doc to get a parts list together. My wife caught me as we were watching TV tonite and said "don't you ever get tired of that stuff?"  No matter what I said I figured it would come out sounding like I was defending a heroin addiction...

Your response should have been:

Yes I do, there's never anything worth watching on tv.  :P

dan.schumaker

All the layouts look awesome Brian!  Got all my parts ordered, looking forward to building them up!

madbean

The Build Guide has been added to the Tutorials page. Here is a direct link (1.8MB): http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/1590G_BuildGuide.pdf

Leevibe

Quote from: madbean on March 06, 2016, 05:42:01 PM
The Build Guide has been added to the Tutorials page. Here is a direct link (1.8MB): http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/1590G_BuildGuide.pdf

Nicely done. That is a very comprehensive set of instructions. I feel like I can easily visualize the whole process of building one of these.

gordo

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 06, 2016, 02:29:10 PM
Your response should have been:

Yes I do, there's never anything worth watching on tv.  :P

Yeah, that'll buy me brownie points.  Even though it's true :-)
Gordy Power