News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wacky Belton 2 Reverb

Started by culturejam, June 05, 2018, 03:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

First full/completed pedal I've finished up in like 10 months or so. Stuffed some boards for FFX and tested a ton of prototype PCBs, but this one is the first full build I've done in ages.

It's based on my old Box of Hall schematic with some minor filtering tweaks and a trimmer to set the max amount of feedback available on the Feedback pot. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

I originally pitched this to Mark at Black Arts Toneworks as a product for his company, and he really liked it but ultimately didn't feel reverb was the kind of effect that fit with the brand. So I had this populated board kicking around in my "done but not boxed" pile for like, uh, 5 years, haha.

Sounds mostly like a Belton 2, which is to say there is a fair bit of modulation. But this one, for whatever reason has this really great modulation-drone sound if the Feedback is set just right. It sorts of becomes its own instrument that you can play over. I think a post-rock or noise-rock player would really get some use out of this. I'll try to do a quick sound clip this week.

Finishing was with a oddball ad-hoc mask as described here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=27557.msg266884

The guts are quite a mess, but this is just for me and I know it's solidly done, so I don't care.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cooder

Looks nice, yes a demo would be great!
That enclosure finishing is a cool idea. 8)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Yay! I love it when these things finally get boxed! Sounds like a fun reverb, I'd be interested in hear the demo too  ;D

stringsthings

That looks great!  Very original graphics.
All You Need Is Love