News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Afterlife! Now with video. :)

Started by midwayfair, April 28, 2012, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

If you're thinking about building this one, do it! It sounds great. I'll have a demo later today (it's still uploading).

Note that I painted the jacks white, too. :)

Just a note: If anyone's using a Silonex optocoupler, it goes face down on the board.

midwayfair

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

pietro_moog

cool demo, thanks.
not for nothing, but the reverb maybe is a bad choice. everything becomes unfocused and the effect results much less apparent.
good though, i'll go for an orange squeezer

pryde

Great job on the build and nice demo!

Yes the walls where moving in the background of your video. Kinda weirded me out  :o

midwayfair

Quote from: pryde on May 04, 2012, 08:04:26 PM
Great job on the build and nice demo!

Yes the walls where moving in the background of your video. Kinda weirded me out  :o

Yeah, I want to know how to make it happen on command, now. Might be good when I build a Quadrovibe ....

Sorry again about the reverb, but it really is mostly in my house. If you listen to the fuzz, I remembered to turn it off on the amp, but it sounds pretty much the same.

mjcyates

I just finished building one of these guys. Haven't boxed it yet but I have played with it for a while. It sounds great, especially with my Strat. It is definitely more subtle than a Ross style comp. Just makes the tone juicier, punchier, and well just better.

ciwi

What has happened to the Afterlife circuit? Do you have the one for your build still?

midwayfair

Quote from: ciwi on December 07, 2018, 05:54:55 PM
What has happened to the Afterlife circuit? Do you have the one for your build still?

You really don't have to post the same question multiple times.

The afterlife is still being sold by Madbean, so I'm not sure what you're asking: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

Boba7

Good thing is we get to see those beautiful artworks of yours Jon! :)