News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Suhr Riot

Started by eniacmike, September 10, 2010, 07:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

should be pretty straight forward, but I would appreciate a pcb some sweet madbean instructions for this high gainer.

-mike

madbean

Okay, yeah...I have a PCB done for it via FSB. The "Uproar". There are a few adjustments that need to be made, but I could make this available here.

eniacmike

man I need to bite the bullet and learn to etch my own boards.

-mike

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

Haberdasher

Etching your own is fun and satisfying.  You should try it.  I'm finally starting to get my technique down, but it takes a few tries.  I've gone through some material experimenting, you know- trial & error- so be sure to buy extra.

Here's my latest.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

You got a tutorial to recommend?
[nothing to see here]
-e

Haberdasher

Quote from: maysink on September 10, 2010, 06:24:02 PM
You got a tutorial to recommend?

I don't really....my method is really a combination of different methods I've found around the internet.  I use one thing from here, one thing from there, into a method that seems to work for me- with the particular kind of paper I use and my laminator.  I do NOT iron.

I think madbean is supposed to be making a tut about this, and I know he does it differently than I do it.  I suspect his method is probably a lot more tried & true than mine.  I'm just now starting to get results I'm proud of, but not every time.  It really takes a lot of trial & error.

Of course, I will tell you what I do if you want to know, but not everyone is going to want to go out & buy a laminator.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

HM

brian when you believe you can have ready Uproar??

madbean

I think within a few days. I'm pretty caught up on things which means I will have time to do fun stuff like a new project. Actually, I could possibly have TWO new projects by the weekend.

HM

Thanks brian I hope very excited this pedal is very close to being like .-

eniacmike

I have a few questions about the uproar project. it says d2 is 1234a? is that a mistake. I am guess it is supposed to be 1n34a?
d6 is 1n400x does that mean 1n4001 will work? I am guessing I should socket this clipping section.

IC's are JRC4580 does anybody have a source for these? I looked on smallbear, mouser, and jameco and it didn't turn up. I guess I could sub any opamp but I don't know if this is a particular mojo part. When I google it alot of posts on hi-fi websites and soundcard websites about that opamp.

I am going to put in an order for some parts and give this one a go this week.

Haberdasher

Mike-

*JRC = NJM*

http://www.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Amplifier-ICs/Op-Amps/_/N-4h00g?P=1z0yz4q&Keyword=NJM4580&FS=True

I don't know the difference between the NJM4580d and the NJM4580dd though.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

B_of_H

I think i'd be up for one of these at least, I built it on perfboard but I think i'd like to give it another shot as I don't think it came out right. 

r4ndy

Any update on this one? I did not see anything in the release schedule. I am looking to order a few pcbs at once and would like one of these as well.

Thanks

Ang3lus