News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Octave LB

Started by wgc, September 27, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Nice work, Billy.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops for you.  The swirl is sweet, too.

Can you mount that connector, or get a panel mount version, so that you could use it with boards that are not specifically designed for that connector?

wgc

Quote from: pickdropper on September 29, 2014, 08:21:55 PM
This is very cool, Billy.  The pedal reminds me a bit of the Henrietta Engineering pedals, although theirs have standard jacks, so this is cool in different ways.

I too like the idea of the modular connector.  A cool next step might be to come up with a standard wiring harness for a Pedaltrain Nano or Mini so that it looks really neat and orderly.

A Lemo or Hirose connector would work well, but it would likely cost more than the entire pedal. How about a panel mount USB connector?  Neutrik makes some for about $5.

Thanks guys!

Dave,

I'll have to check out the he pedals, haven't seen them.

A harness is in the works and is the actual intent. I have other ideas that this could support too, but one step at a time. ;)

I have thought about USB but I really want something that locks or at least has a positive snap.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

wgc

Quote from: chuckbuick on September 30, 2014, 12:08:34 AM
Nice work, Billy.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops for you.  The swirl is sweet, too.

Can you mount that connector, or get a panel mount version, so that you could use it with boards that are not specifically designed for that connector?

Thanks Mark! There's a whole series of these connectors,  it could be pigtailed if you wanted to use without a pcb made for it. I'm just scratching the surface of what I think could happen, though some of it is probably a bit involved for me at the moment.

Edit: realized I didn't answer your question

I think they do have a panel mount version but might be something not 2x2. I'll check and let you know.
e.e. cummings

wgc

Just checked, there are panel mount versions, but they protrude a bit so the mating connector can snap into place.

I might explore using the single row 1x4 style since it might be easier to create the opening in the box.
e.e. cummings